Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a Mod move this into the BTDT section?

Think it would be useful for the 3B converters (and early ABY)

Comment

Jamo's on the case again.

I will try this on my "Early" ABY and let you know what I find....
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

BTDT. Thanks Martin.
        The only difference i found was the brown and yellow wire was in position 8, in the way of the yellow wire. So i just moved it to position 1 (as shown) and I had not problems. Go careful when you prise the connector open, I nearly ended up with a bundle of wires in my hand.
        SS

Comment

THIS WORKS!!! Thanks Martyn JS.

It has just taken me about 20 minutes to do this mod.

One other hint that I dont think was that clear in the original post. When you are removing and replacing the wires all you have to do is slide the purple cover part 90 degrees to the black body by about 2 - 3mm and the wires can be removed. Do be careful to only remove yellow wire though!

Here is another pic from my early ABY, I think there are some slight differences to Martins 3B but the yellow wire is still moved to the same position.

Cheers,

Steve
          Attached Files
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Was moving the yeallow wire tonight on fitting my ellipsoids and managed to break the connector Any idea if these are easy sourced through maplin or a stealer????

Also another tip (handily found after breaking the connector) prise the black outer sleeve away from the little triangle shapped stoppers and it slide up one notch, allowing u to slimply pull the wires out with almost zero resistance, once you have move the wire to pin #8, simple click it back into position
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

hmm, just fitted elipsoids tonight on a 3B, and everything works like a charm, no mods needed. Mayby I got lucky for once

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis View Post
                Btw position 8 is already in use if the car is equipped with light height remote control.
                since my '93 cabby has this, how should I make it work in that case?

Comment

Well, reading this thread is bad timing for me!
                  Just spent an hour swapping the plug over as mine was fried!
                  Took the connector from a late 100/earlya6 from the scrappy, pulled all the wires one at a time and swapped to new plug, cleaned connectors on stalk and now i have lights again!
                  Didn t change the yellow wire
                  Think I d rather sell the elipsoids and have standard lights that won t set the car alight!
                  Anyone want some elipsoids?

Comment

Doh!
                    Looked at the picture now, it's already been done on my car, that's why the wire was bare and just shoved in the plug hole.
                    Didn't help that there was a cut in the insulation, which probably shorted on the column to make the plug burn out
                    Stalks from the 100 are the same apart from pin locations and no cruise

Comment

well the appointment for MOT for the cabby is set on tuesday, I'm sure everything but the lights is alright. So need to sort this quickly.

Comment

Up! for sticky?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                          well the appointment for MOT for the cabby is set on tuesday, I'm sure everything but the lights is alright. So need to sort this quickly.
                          Never looked into this anymore, it was ok for the MOT but no good for switching from hi to low beam while driving. Don't have the car anymore though.

Comment

Working...
                          X