No announcement yet.

Tyre comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I've ever bought a set of tyres and seen them 'till they're done, I've always sold the car before it needs it's boots replacing again.
    Maybe I've never kept a car long enough??

....wait, wife had Falkens on her Aerodeck...seem to remember they lasted well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

Michelin PS3 are supposed to be a good all-round sports tyre. Continental are a good brand, perhaps get some XL rated ones, to stiffen the sidewalls up?

I have Dunlop Sport Maxx on my everyday rims and have used them on a wet track at Combe. I've never felt that I wanted more or been disappointed by them, so worth a look, perhaps?
      What I would have said. I have the Dunlop's on my S2 Avant 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 on my UrS6. Very pleased with the Dunlops. For the UrS6 in 'normal' driving can't unstick them in the dry, and no surprises in the wet. But due to a damaged tyre/rim I used the S2 sized tyres on the UrS6, and found the smaller size too small for the bigger UrS6. The 225 didn't inspire as much confidence as the 255.

I would suggest any one of these three top quality brands, but at as low a price as you can find them is your best option. Obviously avoid any fakes.

Having said all that tyres are a very subjective item.

But if you slide into the back of someone and you have a cheap 'plastic' brand of tyre fitted, you'll know in an instant what tyres you should have bought.

Comment

But if you slide into the back of someone and you have a cheap 'plastic' brand of tyre fitted, you'll know in an instant what tyres you should have bought. Yep

Comment

Working...
        X