• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coupe 20v owners service manual

Hi there,
    I am looking for service manual for coupe 20v,
    any car engine building repairing, servicing books,
    can anyone put me into right direction, recomend any.

I have bought an Audi coupe 20v last week,
    It needs a bit of LOVE
    Any advice, links to old posts more than welcome
    Attached Files

Lukas, the Haynes manual for the coupe covers most of what you will need. Also good resource here, S2central, s2audi.co.uk etc

Are there any specific jobs you need to get done?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hi there.
      Had a quick inspection last Sunday:
      car starts but doesn't run smooth,
      radiator fan is constanly on- fan switch?
      I have leak of petrol into the boot. engine will run for couple of minutes and it shuts down. It looks like it runs out the petrol due to leak.
      Will remove a tank at the weekend for inspection. Hand brake cable is broken.
      Previous owner broke head light brackets in order to open the bonnet.
      Also bonnet cable is snapped. As far as i know the car was stored in garrage since 1997.

Comment

So the car will probably need general overall check before going for MOT
        Will get myself haynes manual.
        also the web sites you've recomended seem to contain plenty of info.
        Thanks

Comment

The Bentley manual is by far the best, and the size of a telephone directory. Unfortunately it has been out of print for years now so keep an eye out for second hand copies. This is what you are looking for http://www.ebay.com/itm/222220267649
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I came across this book the other day on Amazon I think it was around £200
            makes it very expensive I would say.
            But if some one had copies and would like to share...

Comment

Yeah, they weren't cheap when new. I've never seen any copies as its huge at about 2.5" thick so it would take a lifetime to copy or scan it all. I think there might have been a digital copy on CD, i have the C4 manual on cd format and its a nightmare to use as i have to use a Windows 95 virtual machine to access it, give me a paper copy any day.
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Ive been looking at parts for audi, there's lots of brands around like bosch, valeo, febi etc
                any advice on that?

Comment

The 'leak into the tank' problem...

Have you actually got fuel visibly coming out of the tank?

I have previously had strong fuel vapour smells from the boot area on mine. It was so strong you might be forgiven for thinking it was flowing out, needless to say it wasn't and i found the cause to be one of the small pipes near to the filler neck had cracked around the base. At best it was letting vapour our, at worst and when the tank was full it was allowing petrol through.

2 Part epoxy fuel tank repair putty did the trick.

Comment

Hi, the leak seem to be quite big as I have noticed petrol near tank area.
                    I have started to strip the carpet yesterday to have a look at the tank.
                    What do I need to disconnect to lift the tank?
                    ps. its FWD car non quattro.

Comment

ahh, sorry - i was talking about my problem with the quattro tank. That is under the boot floor under a metal panel. Not sure where the FWD tank is or how to get to it.

the good news is, if there are obvious signs of petrol wetting the interior, i would guess the leak will be easy to find!

Comment

I think the petrol tanks in 'quattro' and 'non quattro' are in pretty much same place (position) similar parts used, The only shape I belive is different.
                        I may be wrong please correct me.

Comment

I have had the exact same problem as Steve mentioned re fuel / vapour and the same solution to fix it.

I bought a 20v Quattro in similar condition to yours almost 2 years ago and have been gradually refurbishing it since as well as using it as my daily.

I have collected a few extracts from useful factory manuals (PDF) which I can give you.

Will have a look tonight and let you know what I have.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin.
                            Thanks for your reply.
                            Any pdf files are welcome. I am planing to use the car as the daily driver.
                            Collect all available materials;information. Learn about the car mechanics etc. Before moving towards S2.

Lukas

Comment

Lukas,

I have 20V Service Training, MPI Engine Management Service Training and some other bits and pieces.

I'm at work at the moment but I will try to upload them tonight or give you the link to where I got them from.

I will watch your posts with interest as I have fixed quite a few issues with mine (with help from Forum members !) and found alternative parts for some which are NLA.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X