2.7t V6 EGT sensors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.7t V6 EGT sensors.

Ever since ive owned my B5 RS4 ive had intermittent faults with both sensors. I tried the S4 sid boards. This solved the bank 1 fault but bank 2 remained. Ive had the new sensors for some time but have put off fitting them. However the fluctuating boost and occasional lumpy idle are attributed to these sensors.
    Well i can honestly say its a doddle.
    Bank 1 remove the airbox and accordian pipes and y pipe and the two 10 mm nuts holding the sensors. I then just snapped the metal elbow to the sensor in the DP and use a 17mm on 3/8 wrench and remove. Refit with 17mm spanner obviously.
    Bank 2 is harder but not much. Remove secondry air pump with is 2 5 mm allen bolts and a 10mm nut and lift out. Then remove 2 5mm bolts from DP heatshield. This exposes the sensor. I then found the reason for my fault code. The braided line to the metal elbow was severed. I snapped the metal elbow used a 17mm socket on a 3/8 and cracked nut. Replace with new and tightened with a short 17mm open ended spanner.
    The only issue i had was the pipe from the SAIP to the combi valves disintergrated on bank 2. That will explain why it was so loud on cold start. And the SAIP has seized solid. £400 from Audi!!!!
    Or £120 from German Ebay. I need to wait a few days for the pump to arrive from Germany and the Y shaped pipe from TPS and i am motoring again. Im really looking forward to getting full boost. It already goes well as it is..
    If anyone needs to do this job but is putting it off because of the horror stories on the internet.. then dont listen to them. I did it all at home in the garage with my basic toolkit..

2.7t V6 EGT sensors.

I ditched the secondary air injection system, created loads of space, mind you I eventually got rid of the cats too [emoji15]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

What blanking plates did you use to blank the combi valves and how did you get around the CEL. ?? Id love to bin it as its crap..

Comment

2.7t V6 EGT sensors.

I made some plates up out of steel. Just ovals with 2 bolt holes 3 or 4mm thick is fine, I used the original gaskets. The valves are quite tricky to remove if I remember, or at least one side was. I think you need a short 10mm spanner.
        It throws a code but that's it, it can be mapped out.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I know the one combi is difficult to remove. Does the fault bring on EML?

Comment

Ive blanked them on 1.8t engines. The fault is there but didnt bring on the light.. the blanks were a few quid from forge .

Comment

Finally got the car back together today. My word the performance difference is night and day
              She was scrabbling up in 3rd gear on boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                I know the one combi is difficult to remove. Does the fault bring on EML?

Sorry mate, missed this.
                No the EML doesn't come on.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Balls. Ive bought the new pipe and pump now..oh well its all worth it for the smile it put on my face.. the noise from the turbos is incredible now..

Comment

I recently did the Sid board on bank 2 must be down on power for a long time before I realised. Also had a fault o2 sensor but this has cleared after running. Guess being coated with excessive fuel. Car drives so nice I have power lol. Cracking motors when right

Comment

Absolutely. Its many times smoother and the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd is frightening. I just wish i hadnt wasted money on sid board's though. Not that theres anything wrong with them but is was probe that was shagged on bank 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X