My first pictures!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first pictures!!

There is still a lot to do but here are the first pictures...

Engine has been rebuilt (By Aelred) it was from an AAN, lightened flywheel and front pulley, pouter rods & fully balanced. Ported and flowed head (the one that is in the picture is a 7A and is only temporary to line things up) 7A ex cam, orange injectors, RS2 em, GT30/K26 BB turbo with freeflow down pipe, twin intercoolers as you can see by the pipework, water injection, hoping to get circa 420BHP at 2.2bar of boost.

As i say there is still a lot to do but i thought i would show them anyway...
    Attached Files

Two more..
    Attached Files

Comment

looking good Mr Jones
      Aelred

Comment

Ah ha Mr Smith, Mr Jones and another Mr Jones!!!

ur is looking good Mr Jones
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
          Ah ha Mr Smith, Mr Jones and another Mr Jones!!!

ur is looking good Mr Jones
          Thank you Mr Jones, lots of cleaning, painting and wiring to do yet though, sadly i am a perfectionist so it wont be running yet a while.

Comment

wouldn't it be easier to cut and modify the inlet manifold instead of that pipe going half way around the engine bay ?

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs
              wouldn't it be easier to cut and modify the inlet manifold instead of that pipe going half way around the engine bay ?

Yes, i tried it by adapting the AAN inlet manifold but there were to many things that i was not satisfied with, it was generally all just to tight. I will have to find a way around it if this turns out to be to laggy. But that is the fun of it.

Comment

it shouldn't be too difficult if you move the rad a bit. i'm sure you can get the aan manifold in there with a bit of modifying .with 2 intercoolers and about 1.5 meter of winding inlet pipe thats going to be laggy and take up so much space as well .and the pipe looks thin what about when you use 3 inch pipe i dont think you'll have enough room .

Comment

Im not going to use three inch pipe.. the rad is moved as far back as it will go. If i twist it the intercooler wont fit. The pipe is thick enough it held 5 bar when i tested the welds.

Comment

couldn't you modify the front end to accomodate larger intercooler there ?

Comment

I agree with volcano rs. It really would be better with a FMTBIM. Are you sure a modified AAN (like Mark H did) won't work?
                      SS

Comment

I am using the 3b inlet on a 200 I am doing, it is being chopped and rotated 180 degrees so it becomes a front inlet so it makes the inlet tract as short as possible for the FMIC
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

Ok i changed it, 034 inlet manifold fitted.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Two more.
                            Attached Files

Comment

that looks so much better and neater . does it clear everything ? and how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                              X