Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "van" from Sweden

Hi all!

A very useful site, with a lot of interesting info for someone that have been addicted to hp and nm

Old Pics of my Ruby Red Pearl metallic S2 Avant (RS2 wannabe ) can be found here http://home.swipnet.se/mmoaa/s2avant.html and some info (at least if you can understand swedish )

Engine setup consists of:
    - K26/27-#8/54mm turbo,
    - larger intercooler (70x27x5cm),
    - bigger injectors (bosch 0 280 155 968),
    - RS2 350hp chip and air mass meter.
    - adjustable fuel regulator for the original fuelrail.
    - 7A cams.
    - tubular exhaust manifold (early Hacke racing construction).

Regards

/Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kroegarn; 1 May 2011, 19:48.
    /Mike
    ---------------------------------------
    S2 RS Avant@355hp "For sale"
    A4 Avant TDIq@170hp
    Datsun 240Z@550hp
    BMW M3 race car@321hp
    Garage

well thats different
    nice one!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice Engine! I love that shiny pressure tube coming in from the IC.

Comment

Very nice. I can see now what ruby red avants look like when they're polished

I shall have to pull my finger out and get my bodywork sorted.

One last thing, where can I get one of those front grilles? I assume it's an off the shelf part from somewhere and not a modified RS2 one. I can't find a swedish translator online.

Ben
        Last edited by s2avant; 2 January 2004, 19:18.
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

That grille looks like an rs2 one without the rings IMO

Comment

That's what it looks like, but from what I remember the RS2 grille has the raised area for the rings moulded into it.

I'm sure when we we're at castle coombe for the Audi Driver International one of the S2's in our clan had something similar.

The grille and the RS2 mirrors are the only two exterior changes I want to make (aside from a damn good polish and replacing the bubbly lower door mouldings)

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
              That's what it looks like, but from what I remember the RS2 grille has the raised area for the rings moulded into it.
              Nope - the grill is flat, you don't have to put the rings on. If you don't put the rings on, you might want to modify the bonnet release as it will stick out a bit - you could just chop the end off to make it flush with the grill though.
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

it may have been mine you saw at combe, mines a kamei version, with an s2 badge glued/welded on, theres no way that ******s gonna get nicked
                dont have a pic at the mo'

Comment

I stand corrected. Cheers Doug. I've still got your paint waiting for you.

I'll add the RS2 grille to my list then. Is the raised section part of the badge or is it separate? The grille comes in loads of pieces and I don't want to be ordering bits I don't need.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

The black raised bit is part of the rings - all one piece.

I think the parts required are confusing for the RS2 grill as I got some weird mounts from vagparts that I didn't need.

You need:

1. Mesh
                    2. Black Surround
                    3. the slide on clips(7 I think)
                    4. The Rings
                    5. The metal screw on thingies to hold the rings (5 I think)

Looking at ETKA, it does not show the correct parts in the diagram at all.

There are about 7 of the slide-on clips - they hold the mesh in place and the black surround onto the bonnet.
                    Attached Files
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The details on ETKA are about as good as a one legged man at an *** kicking contest.

The diagram is just the generic A80 grille. The parts are in the parts list but not shown. At least now I know which bits I want and which I don't.

I'll probably end up ordering all the parts and spraying the rings black so I can see which look I prefer. (I've always fitted black front badges on my cars and deleted all the rear ones - it's my thing ) I'm not sure how black rings on a RS2 grille will look so a bit of trial and error is in order.

Once again cheers,

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Time for an update some 7 YEARS later down the road

In 2004 the car was tuned and I think it was late summer/early autumn that the car got some mysterios boost issues... got tired of it and the car. After a few months I shipped the car to some blokes to help me out... after 3 years they got tired of it. Got the car back, it sat in the garage for one 1 year, took another year to slowly revert all of the tuning back to stock and WHOOOPS boost and FINALLY back on the streets since december 2010.

So for now it is just a matter of taking care of some minor issues such as boost is now hitting the "roof" making the ECU sad. Door trims needs replacing and a some interior bulbs... and some other stuff. Then turbo and the other stuff will be mounted back and wheels/tires for the 2011 summer season needs to be adressed
                        Attached Files
                        /Mike
                        A4 Avant TDIq@170hp
                        Datsun 240Z@550hp
                        BMW M3 race car@321hp
                        Garage

Comment

Polished and somewhat ready for the track

The car is now polished and the new track day tires are fitted, Pirelli Pzero Corsa 235/40-18 .

Although the front tires do at the moment rub the inner side of the arches Needs to be sorted before the first S2 track day (well evening actually) in 7 years. The Pagid Yellow front pads will also have to be mounted, since the EBC greenstuff is proper "crapstuff" for anything else than careful driving on the road. But its two weeks away so I should be able to get it in a good enough state

Still S2 look at the rear... and not so keen on the rims but a change of those are sadly way down the list of priorities

But the standard 230hp is beginning to feel somewhat ZzzZZzzz but the last time I had my turbo kit mounted it resulted in 6 years of no S2-driving
                          /Mike
                          A4 Avant TDIq@170hp
                          Datsun 240Z@550hp
                          BMW M3 race car@321hp
                          Garage

Comment

Looking nice and shiny!
                            1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                            A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

Mount the turbo kit with 440cc injectors, I'll map it
                              (cost almost nothing to fly to Sthlm)
                              Last edited by prj; 1 May 2011, 20:37.
                              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                              X