No announcement yet.

Scrappage scheme lottery win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs nothing mechanically it's not used over the bad weather months and then used as his daily car for work still for the rest of the year . It's serviced regularly and gets anything done straight away .he used it up to yesterday and drove long journeys also , I drove it 290 miles yesterday and it was faultless. I ll just do a massive deep clean a light engine service for piece of mind . I m going to go down the original route keeping it factory fresh no mods other than genuine parts you could get through the factory. May change colour of wheels if that was an option as one needs painting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefrog
      Needs nothing mechanically it's not used over the bad weather months and then used as his daily car for work still for the rest of the year . It's serviced regularly and gets anything done straight away .he used it up to yesterday and drove long journeys also , I drove it 290 miles yesterday and it was faultless. I ll just do a massive deep clean a light engine service for piece of mind . I m going to go down the original route keeping it factory fresh no mods other than genuine parts you could get through the factory. May change colour of wheels if that was an option as one needs painting.
      Wheels only in one colour Z17 Avus Silver or whatever its called.

Personally I would try to source some 18" Avus from D2 S8 - the OE 16 inches look really puny in my opinion. I would also definitely look for the pretty 3-spoke airbag steering wheel. That car is obviously very early airbag car hence the grandad wheel. Keep the OE items for the concours aficionados- OEplus is the way to go.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

You are a lucky mother ****er. The car is also lucky to have landed with an enthusiast
        Keeping it OE is a nice ambition but the accountants that run Audi have other ideas. It is a fact that you can no longer keep these cars on the road using OEM parts, as they are simply no longer available. :corey:
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Wheels will stay silver then and I ll stay with the same wheels as if I go up size and change tyre to keep simpler aspect ratio with the pot holes on our uk roads they'll soon be square around here .

And error regarding replacement parts I m a member of the s2forum family

Comment

What mileage has it done?

Comment

154,000 had a brand new turbo last year and the year beforehand re had a full head refurb as he wasn't happy with the way it sounded . Was pleasantly surprised today with insurance . £176 fully comp with no no claims as can't use them from my other vehicles .

Comment

What exactly is the scrappage scheme? What is the deal? We havent got it in sweden so i have no clue what it is.
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Originally posted by Lefrog
                  154,000 had a brand new turbo last year and the year beforehand re had a full head refurb as he wasn't happy with the way it sounded . Was pleasantly surprised today with insurance . £176 fully comp with no no claims as can't use them from my other vehicles .
                  Found and cleaned these beauties up tonight sir - GBP75 the pair plus postage if interested.

No cracks. Connectors clean.

Bulbs included - but not tested
                  Attached Files
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The scrappage scheme is another government scam , your supposedly rewarded by taking your old unenviromentally safe car of the road with a larger than normal deposit paid towards your new car . I.e. £4000 of list price for your car used as a deposit .
                    Scrap/salvage yards apply with bids to the government to the right to these cars so they can break them up into parts and the shells have to be crushed at the end .
                    The dealers ring the salvage yards and book in collection slots for these cars to be collected but I know of more than one occasion where a plain white truck collects certain cars and then they don't make it to the companies .
                    I have a friend who works in Germanyand a few other countries maintaining offshore turbines and constantly see large boats filled with uk registered cars going through the docks especially the diesel gate warranty cars which he s since going out are generally on the way to other places to be reregistered which I find bad really .

Comment

Amazing bit of luck nice one fella and in the words on Monty Python "You lucky lucky bar steward"

Comment

Still need those lovely pre cleaned fog lights please . I ll take them but can you send me some details . Also need a is headlight glass or headlight as sold mine 2 weeks before I took custody of the car

Comment

Working...
                        X