200K ABY Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200K ABY Avant

200K miles/320.000KM on my 1994 ABY Avant.

Bought from Audi with 7 years and 30Kmil/50.000KM still on FASH and very few problems only minor stuff and mostly wear items.
    Left me stranded only once when the plastic neck on the main radiator broke, most cooling system is now new.
    It´s all original except from a boost gauge, homefries and LPG for the last 140.000KM
    Did a compression test a year ago after 100.000KM on LPG and the result was:
    Cyl. 1 - 12,7
    2 - 12,1
    3 - 12,3
    4 - 12,9
    5 - 12,5
    As I live in an almost sub-tropical coutry there isn´t any rust but the exterior isn´t in great shape with the roof peeling and some scuffs here and there.

The turbo is still the original one and the clutch was changed due to the gearbox coming out to change a seal.
    2 light bulbs in 24 years!
    The leather in the optional electric Recaros is still in very good shape with minimal wear on the side bolsters.(cleaned and Nivea every year)

All in all a very fast, reliable, confortable and safe car with moderate running costs and economical on fuel due to the LPG. Beautiful to look at, rare and an excellent allround family car that I hope will last a lot more years and KM. It hasn´t any tech gadgets as you all know but all that is needed is there, power, traction, ac, ee, power, leather, ps, power........etc........

I´m a very happy owner and have considered several times during this 17 years of ownership changing for a more modern machine but in the end my good sense and reason made me see there is nothing out there that is such a well rounded package........................................... .maybe some sort of AAN if the right one comes my way to give this one some rest and share the work load!

Thank you for reading!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by psiconauta911; 19 July 2018, 21:40.

That's a pretty good advert for our often maligned cars

Comment

Fully agreed with the sentiment above - lack of wet salty climate is always favourable. Roll onto 500k km !
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cool
        But only one picture !
        Let us see the spec....
        00 S8
        94 RS2
        94 80 Competition
        88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Very nice and lovely seats. Where is the S2 steering wheel?
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

When you say you clean leather once a year with nivea what is that because in UK nivea are beauty products etc lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave
                Very nice and lovely seats. Where is the S2 steering wheel?
                That’s the early airbag wheel I reckon.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Early airbag steering wheel yes!

Every year in the summer I clean the seats, 1st vaccumclean, 2nd I use warm water with a little of neutral soap disolved and a soft cloth and finaly I apply a coat of "Nivea" original body cream (the dense one in a can) to nurture the leather and leave it in the sun for a few hours to open the pores of the leather so it can absorb the fatty cream, after that I wipe the excesse with a cloth and voila soft elastic leather for another year. Of course I take care when entering and leaving the seat to minimise the wear to the side bolsters!

Comment

Wow
                    and you get such good result,I'm gob smacked.the car looks great keep it up mate.
                    nothing comes close to s2 rs2,Ive had both and regret selling them.
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

Is the OP really talking about this "NIVEA" body cream (a beauty product in UK) - surely not - surely its some car care product in Portugal ?

Attached Files
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Well, leather is a skin after all, albeit a dead one... So don't delay and smear some body butter on your seats today!

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                          Is the OP really talking about this "NIVEA" body cream (a beauty product in UK) - surely not - surely its some car care product in Portugal ?

That´s the one, leather is like wood even after being dead it is in some way "alive" and gets dry and britle as it looses it´s natural oils and Nivea and the like are superb in replaicing the fat it lacks keeping it smooth and elastic,
                          There are proper products but the end result it´s the same, nurture the skin, I´ve been using Nivea from the start with great results as you can see, very easy to apply and penetrates the leather fast, and cheap, I´ve tried others in another car but the result wasn´t better and another thing.............Nivea smells better! (probably related with some ifant memories hehehe!)
                          Last edited by psiconauta911; 23 July 2018, 20:29.

Comment

Also every professional I know that works with leather vouched for fatty body creams to rejuvenate the leather, I also do this to my leather sofas when I go on vacations leaving it to soak while I´m away, and it looks like new when I return! My parents did the same when I was a kid and 40 years ago there wasn´t a car care market!
                            I imagine it looks funny but I treat an entire car interior with a 2€ can of Nivea/year!

Comment

Try it you will be amazed!

Comment

Working...
                              X