stolen, P996AWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stolen, P996AWL

Can't upload a photo for some reason but my 1997 Kingfisher Blue coupe was stolen on 5th Jan from a 'secure' underground parking area in Glasgow.

Someone hired a recovery company to tow it away, paid them cash, waved a V5 at them, they gave him/her the vehicle, and that's the last it was seen.

Used to be on P9 BLU plate, a few forum members will know the car
    Last edited by irvind; 15 January 2019, 21:03.
    Irvin

'08-'0?:
    '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
    '01-'08:
    '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Mate that's just sh-t. Sorry to hear that. What did the company say. Isn't its down to them to be aware of this kind off scam. I guess the old bill aren't interested in asking any questions. Is it covered on your insurance.

Comment

Gutted for ya mate hope it turns up best we all keep any eye out for a rush of parts on fleabay, maybe be able to trace something back through the seller if this happens over the next few months

Comment

Has the recovery company got dash cam or GPS tracker on their vehicle? If you could find that out (without making it obvious to the company and alerting them) and tell the police; it is a reasonable line of enquiry they would be obliged to follow up. The sooner the better to prevent overwriting of data and police get GPS data of where the 'handover' was done, an address maybe, nearby cctv if the crooks are stupid or even better - dashcam of the ******s who have had your car or other cars they may have been in at the drop off point...

Comment

That's really bad Upload some recent pics and we will all keep a look out for you. Ask the officer investigating the theft to run your plate through ANPR to see if it has been picked up anywhere since it was stolen. Was the car ever fitted with tracker? Even if the subscription is expired, they will still activate it if you ask nicely.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Terrible. I would have thought that the tow company has some if not all responsibility for your loss! They must have liability insurance!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

If the car was still as stock then it had a pretty unique interior trim combination from memory and a glass sunroof. Given the colour if this is suddenly offered to the market or being driven about then it will stick out a mile as kingfisher blue always does. Hope it is found soon
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Gutted for you, will certainly keep eyes peeled.
                  As above I believe the recovery company are legally responsible here, essentially without proof of ownership from the person who hired them, they have stolen your car and passed it to a 3rd party. :corey:
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for the replies and ideas.

A mate pointed out that the recovery company should have some liability, but I don't have their details or in fact any other details...
                    Something to be looked into though.

Took the cops a week to get back to me as they're so busy, so I don't expect any more info any day soon...

Someone on facebook thought they saw it heading south on the M74 last week, so it could be anywhere now, probably in bits.

The car was still as stock. I had some S8 alloys on it, but that was the only change. The original alloys were sitting in the back of the car.

My mechanic says it would've been relatively easy to get a key cut at Audi from the chassis number on the windscreen, but whoever took it also needed a key fob for the garage entry system, but it's probably easy enough to call the door company, send them £60 and have a remote fob sent out.

The car is insured, so that's something, but as you can imagine I'd rather just have the car back!

It all stinks really.
                    Irvin

'08-'0?:
                    '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

What are your insurance saying about it? You'd think they've be keen for the police to investigate it a bit quicker, especially if you have a courtesy car...

Comment

Sorry to hear this, nothing to add that has not already been posted. Good luck getting your car back.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

This is rubbish news mate, what a cracker of a car. There's some amount of scumbags out there!! If i hear off anything i'll be sure to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                            What are your insurance saying about it? You'd think they've be keen for the police to investigate it a bit quicker, especially if you have a courtesy car...
                            It's insured with Admiral, and they've been in touch most days to look for updates, but I didn't have much to tell them until yesterday.
                            There's no courtesy car as the RS4 is my usual ride. The S2 had sat unused (shamefully) for several years as I'm away working most of the time.
                            Irvin

'08-'0?:
                            '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                              This is rubbish news mate, what a cracker of a car. There's some amount of scumbags out there!! If i hear off anything i'll be sure to let you know.
                              Thanks fella. It is rubbish news, but there's not much can be done about it other than wait for the cops to chase up their leads.

I've emailed Audi Customer Services to see if they know of anyone having a key cut for the car, and also pointed out that they effectively encourage these cars to be stolen by not producing parts any more.

Not holding my breath for a decent reply of course..
                              Irvin

'08-'0?:
                              '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Working...
                              X