Sydney RS2 (00674)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
    Found what appears to be a great option for replacing the rusty fuel tank straps which are NLA from Audi. This bloke in Germany is manufacturing replacement sets and—hooray—they're made of stainless steel.

Seller's eBay link: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/kfz-tech...p2047675.l2559

Thanks for the link and welcome to the forum. I always want to change that part because its rusty (mine is also a RS Blau RS2 imported from UK).

I've heard that you need to pay serious amount of tax when import car to Australia, is that still true for "modern classic" like RS2?
    RS2 >> Ferrari: Performance/look ratio

Comment

Saw your car advertised and drooled at the time. Well done and awesome car. Im in Australia too and looking for an S2 avant. How do you find the Australian mechanics relate to the older cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfabruce View Post
        Saw your car advertised and drooled at the time. Well done and awesome car. Im in Australia too and looking for an S2 avant. How do you find the Australian mechanics relate to the older cars?

It's a challenge; definitely not a car for someone who wants effortless ownership!

Aussie Audi dealers are hopeless when it comes to the RS2 . . . no expertise on the older cars. Luckily, I found an independent mechanic in Sydney (Northern Beaches) who has plenty of experience on the S2/RS2. You also need to be aware that finding parts is not always straightforward. You've got to be willing to spend time searching on eBay, etc.
        Nick

1995 Audi RS2 . . . plus a few other old German cars

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post

It's a challenge; definitely not a car for someone who wants effortless ownership!

Aussie Audi dealers are hopeless when it comes to the RS2 . . . no expertise on the older cars. Luckily, I found an independent mechanic in Sydney (Northern Beaches) who has plenty of experience on the S2/RS2. You also need to be aware that finding parts is not always straightforward. You've got to be willing to spend time searching on eBay, etc.
          Wow thats a real asset finding someone like that near you. Im happy with the concept of looking for parts etc to keep a unique, fun and beautiful car on the road, part of the deal with having something different I spose and hopefully with the improvements in 3D printing and scanning and CNC machining, some of those hard to get parts might be more readily available in the future. The thing that worries me here in Adelaide is having to take a 'work of art' to people that have not idea what they are doing. Ill keep asking around in SA to see if there is anyone up to the task.

Comment

Working...
          X