Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 B4 2.6 quattro > R32(vr6)

Hello!

This is my Audi 80 b4 quattro. I saved this car from going to spare parts. Its 2.6 v6 engine, the first idea was to use the S4 2.2 AAN engine and make a replica s2 sedan. This idea soon passed and i did sell my S4 engine. I started looking for a 2.8 vr6 24v engine, but by chance I managed to get a 3.2 vr6 from Audi TT. It goes longitudinal, clutch setup im using is custom adapter what i made and Audi single mass flywheel from 5cyl engine, where i made new bolt patern. Clutch will be 3b sre clutch. Gearbox 01e from c4 s4.
    At the moment, I am fixing the car to get it road legal before winter.

Also im making videos of this build. Go check out https://youtu.be/RQoR1fNthLk

​​

Very interesting project, looking forward to updates.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Cool

How far along are you now?
      00 S8
      94 RS2
      94 80 Competition
      88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

Hello and . Good luck with the build.

Comment

Welcome and good luck.by the way, good video

Comment

Thanks for good words!

Comment

Originally posted by 80Comp View Post
              Cool

How far along are you now?
              Right now have all parts what i need to put engine in and start making engine arms. But i need to collect maxxecu race money and after that i can start swaping it in.

Comment

Interesting project, have fun
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

It won't fit under the hood with the intake manifold... Also the first coil pack will also hit the hood. . . .

I have "R8" coils on mine so the plug connects from the side.

You will also need to change the sump for a longitudinal design.... and modify the subframe to mount the engine lower (that is still to only make enough room for the cam cover minus the intake manifold)

Regards

Jase.

Comment

Thanks for the good word!
                    Its good info, but if dont fit with maifold i will make new custom one. Have sump and all what need for longitudinal swap. But thanks for info.

So i did change the rear lower hub bush on audi.
                    And did get cooling pipe for vr6 engine.

​​​​​​

Go check video! https://youtu.be/pTICO8nx6aY

Comment

This was before I modified the subframe to lower the engine slightly. The hood would close but a coil (tfsi) would still not fit.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                        This was before I modified the subframe to lower the engine slightly. The hood would close but a coil (tfsi) would still not fit.
                        You use phaeton or touareg oil sump?
                        And how low engine now is ?
                        I know one who did put 2.8 24v in whitout subframe modification and stock manifold.
                        And had no clearence issue.

Comment

If i remember correctly, it is a touareg oil pan that was modified to make it shallower (and add an oil return for the turbo). It is the "hump" part closest to the transmission that hits the subframe.

I dont have any newer photos of how the engine sits now. Maybe you will have more success with a pheaton oil pan?. . . not sure how different they are? maybe using a steel 12v oil pan and cutting/welding it could be a better option?

I can not see how there is enough room for the stock intake. The "front" of the cam cover is very close and as said the VR6 coils with the loom connector would be above the height of the hood.

Jase.

Comment

This is what was removed... It was strengthened when it was welded back up.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Long time no see. Engine is in, no clearens problems whit subframe or hood. All fits nice and have caps. Need to start thinking engine managment.

All the build is filmed and uploaded to my youtube channel. Feel free to check it out!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCIKgYXmD9uLGOF71hwSvcKw

Comment

Working...
                              X