No announcement yet.

My New B8 RS4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the mechatronics fluid and both filters changed well before their due date mate. I think it's 37K interval from memory. Audi only change one filter, but it's recommended to do both during the change. My box was faultless until it had it's second oil change at Audi and it started playing up within a few weeks after.

If the MMI hasn't been updated with the latest maps you can get them from eBay for about £80 and they're genuine Audi SD cards. Also, if you don't already have VAG Com I would take a look at OBDeleven, great bit of kit for the price. Invaluable if you want to check codes, make any changes to the config of the car electrics or change the rear brake pads yourself. I wish I had the V8 soundtrack, but the supercharger on the V6 likes a bit of tuning

Nice colour on your motor and the arches look lovely with it. The S4 looks weedy in comparison

IMG_1887.JPG
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

stunning car, and the colour is amazing bet your over the moon. I have a mrc stage 2 b8.5 s4 for the family bus but it does'nt have the looks of a rs4 or a v8 soundtrack.

Comment

looking amazing!!!! go you bro! super happy for you!! whats its like compared to the s2?

Comment

Awesome, congrats on that one mean ride.....and the colour is fantastic
          Nice platform - I'm enjoying my B8.5 S4 Avant - wish it had the V8 soundtrack and the hips of the RS4, but at my altitude N/A motor would struggle a bit.
          Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hilly82 View Post
            stunning car, and the colour is amazing bet your over the moon. I have a mrc stage 2 b8.5 s4 for the family bus but it does'nt have the looks of a rs4 or a v8 soundtrack.
            Yes, it is a dream come true. Only downside so far is 15mpg on local trips....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post
              Awesome, congrats on that one mean ride.....and the colour is fantastic
              Nice platform - I'm enjoying my B8.5 S4 Avant - wish it had the V8 soundtrack and the hips of the RS4, but at my altitude N/A motor would struggle a bit.
              Enjoy!!!
              Thanks, I also adore the muscular look of this generation RS4. Half my enjoyment will be washing and waxing it regularly....
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                Get the mechatronics fluid and both filters changed well before their due date mate. I think it's 37K interval from memory. Audi only change one filter, but it's recommended to do both during the change. My box was faultless until it had it's second oil change at Audi and it started playing up within a few weeks after.

If the MMI hasn't been updated with the latest maps you can get them from eBay for about £80 and they're genuine Audi SD cards. Also, if you don't already have VAG Com I would take a look at OBDeleven, great bit of kit for the price. Invaluable if you want to check codes, make any changes to the config of the car electrics or change the rear brake pads yourself. I wish I had the V8 soundtrack, but the supercharger on the V6 likes a bit of tuning

Nice colour on your motor and the arches look lovely with it. The S4 looks weedy in comparison

IMG_1887.JPG
                Thanks Steve, I have it booked in for ALL the drivetrain fluids and filters at MRC next month. I will check out ODBeleven too thanks, I quite fancy a little fiddle around inside. Yes, absolutely love the box arches....

Cheers

Steve
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

Health to enjoy mate. Looks fabulous!
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

That is really really nice Steve, can imagine you are over the moon! The Sepang is a great colour too and a v8 sound track. Going to be harder to decide which keys to pick up now
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Lovely motor Fat Audi 80 I have been considering what to get next and sell the vRS to get am RS4, do you have any tips on buying and how you tracked this one down?
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                        Lovely motor Fat Audi 80 I have been considering what to get next and sell the vRS to get am RS4, do you have any tips on buying and how you tracked this one down?
                        Hi Greg, I was watching the market for a while hoping that financially it would become viable for me and fortunately it did. There are quite a few options available on thwem, I narrowed mine down a minimum of B&O Sounds / Sepang Blue / 20" Wheels (Preferably Rotors). I did NOT have DRC on the list but having bought one with DRC would consider it a MUST have. The way the car can be switched and configured between a quiet comfortable cruiser and an absolute animal needs to felt to be appreciated! It is so versatile. Mine does not have the Audi "Sports" exhaust but the previous owner added some Y pipes or something (not sure on the exact details yet as I have not been under the car) but it sounds amazing in Dynamic, but still subtle in Comfort.

I also paid top money to get a low mileage cherished car. There are a lot of higher mileage multiple owner cars out there, that have just not been cared for enough for me to be able to enjoy the ownership experience.

If you can afford to spend the extra money you will enjoy the car more and probably not actually lose much anyway. In my opinion, these have nearly bottomed in price anyway. If you look at the B7's good ones are £25 - £30k now anyway. B8's are not going to drop much more either anytime soon. The engine is amazing.

I absolutely love it to death and if you can afford 15mpg on short trips and the £2k a year to run it (guessing here) do it. They are incredible!

Let me know if you want any further info...

Cheers

Steve
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

wooow, this is really super car!

Comment

Originally posted by Trebuh View Post
                            wooow, this is really super car!
                            Thank you. It is a lovely car.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

You have a fantastic B8 RS4, Steve. For the life of me, I can't figure out your exact wheels and tires though. Bad eyesight. May I ask what they are?

Comment

Hi, are you asking what the wheel and tyre size is? 265 / 30 / 20" rims which are 9" wide.

Cheers

Steve
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X