X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.5 MPG on hot laps
    7.1 MPG including the warm up and cooling down laps
    15 MPG commuting (I live less that 2 miles away so it never gets warm and never gets over 15 MPH )
    18 MPG Urban
    18-22 MPG average per tank (mainly urban)
    22-25 MPG average per tank (with at least one good journey)
    25-27 MPG average for normal speed motorway use

But who the hell buys an S2 for economy

In terms of other running costs, my advise is buy the S2 and WALK AWAY FROM THIS FORUM whilst you still can

I have spent over £2K in less than 2 years on parts that I did not need, but some idiot mentioned on here and I just had to have I now have a shed full of parts.......seats, wheels, interior trim panels, grills, heated door locks, a dash, 3 sets of clocks, a cuddly toy, airbox, cruise control system, RS2 turbo, intercooler, injectors, manifold, saucepan set, entire set of front brakes, ski bag and my latest acquisition.....A BONNET! - you just never know when you will need a spare one ....and that is only the stuff I can remember

So far I have only resisted the oil catch tank and the Wagner IM, although I was ****** temped by both

Cheers n tears

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Si - I'll sell you a Wagner IM - bargain price just for you - 1000 Euro - go on you know you want too

Your bonkers posts do brighten an otherwise dull lunchtime surf of the old interweb !

PS - Why don't you walk to work you lazy big lump ? Just think of all the greehouse gas you are making on that little commute every day. Tut tut - just not doing your bit for the carbon trust are you - LOL
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        PS - Why don't you walk to work you lazy big lump ? Just think of all the greehouse gas you are making on that little commute every day. Tut tut - just not doing your bit for the carbon trust are you - LOL
        Carbon trust....listen, I have fathered several saplings (well the women I woke up beside had legs like tree trunks anyway )

As for cycling to work...my only decent bike is a carbon triathlon bike worth 50% of the S2 and riding that in a suit, carrying a laptop and dropping off a 3 year old on the way is just too much of a challenge for a retard like me

Cheers n

Si

Comment

carbon triathlon bike worth 50% of the S2

how much is the s2 worth to then alot
          94 s2 avant
          aoc member 1116

Comment

Actually, my mates titanium Airborne is worth more and that's without the new wheels (ZIP 909's) he is about to install...hubba hubba. With all the extras, his bike is worth over 4K

Cheers n

Si

Comment

no comment my s2 is worth more than 4k to me
              94 s2 avant
              aoc member 1116

Comment

Has anyone fitted an Ecotek valve to their S2? If so has it inproved performance and economy noticeably??

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by srgalpin View Post
                  Has anyone fitted an Ecotek valve to their S2? If so has it inproved performance and economy noticeably??

Cheers

Scott
                  Dude, please this is an Audi forum not max power

MAX POWER - "You’ve heard it before – a product that’s supposed to improve performance and fuel economy. Many companies have tried but only a handful have pulled it off. Ecotek are one of the successful few." Max Paterson – Max Power Magazine. Issue 101.
                  An ecotek valve would have no effect on a forced induction car IMO

Comment

It'd make the overboost protection cut in more regularly!!!
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I only asked as I am highly sceptical of them being an engineer and was just curious if anyone had tried one. Your right about that they shouldn't work on a forced induction car but just wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
                        ...legs like tree trunks... riding that in a suit, carrying a laptop and dropping off a 3 year old on the way is just too much of a challenge for a retard like me

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
                        As for cycling to work...my only decent bike is a carbon triathlon bike worth 50% of the S2
                        Bloomin' roadies! Get some mud on your face and throw yourself off a mountain in Wales, that's proper biking!
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I was wondering if you could help me out by letting me know what you reckon it costs to run an S2.

Scott
                          Hi Scott welcome to the forum

This question cannot be answered as each car is different, in different condition, and you could spend 500 or 5000 in a year on it. All depends whats been done and what is about to fail. I guess the question you are really getting at is how much are the s2 parts? as labour you can guess, and I think every audi part has similar life expectancy (yes even s2 parts fail and need replacing ) So i would probably visit vagparts.com and compare part prices to a car you are already fimiliar with (vagparts sell genuine parts). Offcourse you could go the cheap route of using euro car parts etc..

What else can I say? Expensive insurance, drinks a lot of fuel and hard to find a good mechanic who knows them, BUT, for the price, what else can you buy with such a good 0-60, such good 4x4 handling and such comfort? I coudnt find a replacement

Ohh, and dont bother asking the guys on this forum how much running costs are, as 90% of them/us have moded their/our cars (expensive parts, less MPG)
                          ABY Coupe
                          sigpic

Comment

Bibby, I see on your website you had the cylinder head changed and then the engine rebuilt under warranty. Was the cylinder head changed because of general wear or because you wanted it upgraded?

Cheers

Scott
                            The engine was rebuilt under warranty as the garage that did the original rebuild never had the original head pressure tested, despite it being in for a rebuild - it was cracked and needed replacing.

As for mpg... despite upgrades, I average a combined 22mpg.
                            acidtrax

Comment

Running costs? Who the hell buys an S2 when they're worried about running costs?
                              A few people here can highly recommend the Audi 80 Avant TDi. It's like an S2 Avant, but with better fuel economy.
                              SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                                Running costs? Who the hell buys an S2 when they're worried about running costs?
                                A few people here can highly recommend the Audi 80 Avant TDi. It's like an S2 Avant, but with better fuel economy.
                                I was rather worried about the costs when I bought mine. These cars have quite a reputation for eating money and it's very useful to know roughly how much money they're likely to eat! TBH, if I'd have known that mine would cost me roughly £2k per year in parts alone then I might have thought a bit longer before buying it! I've rarely regretted buying it but there has been the odd moment when I've questioned my sanity when faced with a large bill!

Running expense might well be a less euphemistic way of putting it!

I've seen and heard that the TDi can be a bit of an anminal - especially on the track!
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X