No announcement yet.

Audi S2 Avant Emerald Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the car, sounds like it been well cared for so hopefully it should not give you any trouble.

Radio was one of the only parts of the car where I was 50/50 on either the factory look or a full blown functional setup. In the end I went functional as I figured any radio I fit (as long as I don't cut the cars original harness) then I can easy revert to stock. Also purchased an Audi radio/cassette If I need/want to make it look original.

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
      Enjoy the car, sounds like it been well cared for so hopefully it should not give you any trouble.

Radio was one of the only parts of the car where I was 50/50 on either the factory look or a full blown functional setup. In the end I went functional as I figured any radio I fit (as long as I don't cut the cars original harness) then I can easy revert to stock. Also purchased an Audi radio/cassette If I need/want to make it look original.
      Thank you! It is a nice car and drives great.
      ​​​​​​​
      I agree with the stereo, I like a decent sound. Luckily this
      Sony stereo sounds really good and has a decent amp, along with the hidden Bluetooth it's also form and function!

Comment

I went to look at the the car with Tristan when he purchased it, was only 30 odd miles away, close to Hereford. I can recall helping him with a few niggles when he first got it, nothing serious just simple stuff like just boost leaks, it was in a very good state mechanically and had been looked after quite well by the previous owner.

Nice to see it back on here.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
          I went to look at the the car with Tristan when he purchased it, was only 30 odd miles away, close to Hereford. I can recall helping him with a few niggles when he first got it, nothing serious just simple stuff like just boost leaks, it was in a very good state mechanically and had been looked after quite well by the previous owner.

Nice to see it back on here.
          It's since had a a lot more done too, good to hear its always been maintained! Got a wedge of receipts with it too.

Must say having read all the paperwork, I've never known a car eat through so many ball joints ?

Comment

It had a load of work done to it when Tristan got it, think it had just had a head gasket, but I might be remembering another car,.. I've looked at quite a few.

I can remember it having plenty of paperwork with it. Not sure why it's had so many ball joints, there are a lot of bushes on the back that can require replacing but they tend to last a very long time, the only one's that wear out quickly are the upper wishbone bushes on the back, they're NLA but B5 A4 ones fit perfectly if you do need replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              It had a load of work done to it when Tristan got it, think it had just had a head gasket, but I might be remembering another car,.. I've looked at quite a few.

I can remember it having plenty of paperwork with it. Not sure why it's had so many ball joints, there are a lot of bushes on the back that can require replacing but they tend to last a very long time, the only one's that wear out quickly are the upper wishbone bushes on the back, they're NLA but B5 A4 ones fit perfectly if you do need replacements.
              Yep I have seen the receipts for head and one for valve stems. I was amazed how quiet the engine is, my TFSI Golf is obviously a lot newer and noticeably louder!

Cheers for the heads up on the bushes, I'll be doing a full suspension overhaul at some point but haven't yet decided whether to go for the Powerflex Heritage range.

The main priority will be an exhaust as this one is blowing, so may send it off to have a full stainless system fitted, along with sports cat and all boxes as i just want longevity and looks over noise.

Comment

I'm a big fan of poly bushes as long as they're not too hard,.

I had a mix of Power Flex and Super Flux bushes on my 3B S2, every bush on the car was poly even the ones for the for the inner steering arms and it wasn't harsh at ail. I ran stock S2 springs with Koni adjustable's set on a couple of clicks off the firmest setting along with stock wheels and decent tyres and was very happy with the set up.

The nice thing about poly bush's they're a doddle to fit compared to stock one's, they can be done by hand normally, whereas OE ones can take some getting in. The rear subframe one's are the hardest to change on a B4 quattro, however they rarely need to be renewed.

I'll probably use poly bushes on my RS2 as well as my C4 Avant quattro as and when they require changing.

S2 exhausts last a very long time as they're a grade of SS that does corrode but very slowly, without looking at it I couldn't say what it requires but it might just be a bad joint or a small hole in one of the boxes which could be sorted in no time with a MIG. Though getting a full new system with a good quality spots Cat would be a good investment if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.

I think Tractor Dave has a near mint Avant exhaust for sale ATM if you want to save a few quid.

Comment

New bonnet strut after the old one kept slowly falling, only £8.99 delivered!20230120_143344.jpg

Comment

New coilpacks fitted today, new spark plugs coming for weekend.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

A new bonnet strut is a nice thing to have. The struts in my coupe tailgate had got weak (and weaker on cold days) and after being badhedin the back of the head a couple of times, it was time to sort it.

Comment

Ball joints were £13.50 each, so bought 3 pairs as they seem to be getting a bit scarce!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Picked this Volvo turbo up today, does anyone have the part number or a link to the best hot side to use?
                          Attached Files

Comment

New exhaust went on today, stock system was sadly beyond repair.

Does sound very nice with this new 3" system.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post
                              Hi all.

Just bought myself an S2 Avant, I believe the car is known on the forum already and there are a few threads lingering around on it.

Really happy with the car, needs few little bits. The exhaust is blowing, rev gauge is a bit temperamental and I think it may need some new coilpacks so I'll be looking at the TFSI conversion. Once these little bits are done over the next year or so I'll be looking at a complete suspension overhaul along with sending the subframes off to be galvanised and painted.

For now at least I'm just going to enjoy it and it should be going over to Germany in June if it behaves.

S2.jpg

Hi Nathan - your S2 still looks bloody brilliant. Was owned by my best mates family here in Bedford from new in 1993 to 2005. Purchased by Mr RNA not long after they moved to Bedford as their family car. Circa three years old iirc was modified by (and then looked after by) AmD Bicester to the region on 300 bhp / 300 lb ft, stainless exhaust, Konis, Porsche brakes, and Mille Miglia alloys to house them. A quirk of the company insurance policy it was on meant my best mate could drive it when he turned 18 (year 2001) when we left school. Kind of ironic given how many times he threw up in the back of it as a 10 year old who always got travel sick lol! Many a fun trip was had - particularly across Milton Keynes. I can honestly say if it hadn't been for this S2, I probably wouldn't have bought a 4.2 S4 in my 20s before a series of quattro Audi Avants, I probably wouldn't even be on this forum! Good memories, good times.

Was replaced by two cars in 2005 - the then new A3 Sportback which arrived first and a Legacy Estate 3.0 R. Took a long time to sell in 2005 - went about Sept 2005 maybe? Much later I believe it went Tristan-to-John-to-Johns mate. Kit suggests above the owner (or one of the owners) in between was in Hereford.

First pic - me in the passenger seat, outside my parents house 2001/2002/2003. Remaining pics all 2005 (S2 washed for photos, A3 got what was I believe its first ever wash before we took it over to the MK Audi Meet, possibly April or May 2005? There's a photo of all three cars in a line)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.jpg Legacy.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                                Hi Nathan - your S2 still looks bloody brilliant. Was owned by my best mates family here in Bedford from new in 1993 to 2005. Purchased by Mr RNA not long after they moved to Bedford as their family car. Circa three years old iirc was modified by (and then looked after by) AmD Bicester to the region on 300 bhp / 300 lb ft, stainless exhaust, Konis, Porsche brakes, and Mille Miglia alloys to house them. A quirk of the company insurance policy it was on meant my best mate could drive it when he turned 18 (year 2001) when we left school. Kind of ironic given how many times he threw up in the back of it as a 10 year old who always got travel sick lol! Many a fun trip was had - particularly across Milton Keynes. I can honestly say if it hadn't been for this S2, I probably wouldn't have bought a 4.2 S4 in my 20s before a series of quattro Audi Avants, I probably wouldn't even be on this forum! Good memories, good times.

Was replaced by two cars in 2005 - the then new A3 Sportback which arrived first and a Legacy Estate 3.0 R. Took a long time to sell in 2005 - went about Sept 2005 maybe? Much later I believe it went Tristan-to-John-to-Johns mate. Kit suggests above the owner (or one of the owners) in between was in Hereford.

First pic - me in the passenger seat, outside my parents house 2001/2002/2003. Remaining pics all 2005 (S2 washed for photos, A3 got what was I believe its first ever wash before we took it over to the MK Audi Meet, possibly April or May 2005? There's a photo of all three cars in a line)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.jpg Legacy.jpg
                                Wow that's great, thanks for sharing!

At some point all the mods were removed, car was put back standard and the documentation around the mods seem to be missing!

Seems strange it went back standard as AMD were by no means cowboys! I'm looking to eventually extract some more power from it, main points of focus at the moment are strip the underside and replace the whole suspension, once im haply with all that ill be doing the interior and looking at getti g it running around 350hp!

If you ever have any more info or pics please send them over, I'll be printing those and adding it the thr big folder!

Comment

Working...
                                X