My S2 declared a total loss after being hit whilst parked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    The damage to mine was very similar happened in an underground carpark that was valet parking I was nt even with the car at the time thus was 10 years ago and they valued my car at,wait for it, £1800
    I share your pain

Comment

Surely if have a agreed value they have to honor it

Comment

Apparently my photos weren't up to date enough

Comment

Apparently my photos weren't up to date enough
          How does your insurance company arrive at that decision. Surely for renewal you've supplied them with photos which both parties. You and the insurance company have agreed figure on. As mentioned above. Do not let the insurance take the S2. If they wish to have an engineers report. Have it completed while you are there if possible.

If you can take a look on the Facebook S2 Forum page. There was a silver S2 being sold within the last 8/10 months. 95 M reg with I think 130k. Steve I think the seller was. He'd advertised it for offers around 15k. There was also another listed recently for 17k. But I can't recall to much detail on it.

Hope you come out trumps at the end of this.

Regards
          Stuart
          Stuart
          B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Insurance companies are experts in avoiding giving you the cash they shouldbut also really good at rinsing every last penny out of you

Comment

Insurance companies are experts in avoiding giving you the cash they shouldbut also really good at rinsing every last penny out of you
              Too true.. I had a 9 month back and forth battle with a well known insurer over a valued agreed policy. They even said that the agreed valuation certificate was sent to my address by mistake..

They are all very quick to take your well earned cash. But hesitant to pay it back out.
              Stuart
              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Say no. Accept some pain, and deal direct between yourself and the other party’s insurance company. Go in armed with estimates for repairs, and have in mind what you want as a value, what you’re willing to accept, what you can manage with, as prices, and if you’re able to- make them a cash offer to keep the salvage and handle the repairs yourself.

as for your own insurers- Do NOT under any circumstances let them move the vehicle to their custody.

Comment

Just spotted this on eBay. It might help regards valuation. Make note of the MOT failure sheet and rear subframe corrosion.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295652571...mis&media=COPY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Stuart
                  B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Originally posted by MarkH View Post
                    Say no. Accept some pain, and deal direct between yourself and the other party’s insurance company. Go in armed with estimates for repairs, and have in mind what you want as a value, what you’re willing to accept, what you can manage with, as prices, and if you’re able to- make them a cash offer to keep the salvage and handle the repairs yourself.

as for your own insurers- Do NOT under any circumstances let them move the vehicle to their custody.
                    Do not take any money from your own insurer. Tell them that your car has been damage in an accident that was not your fault and leave it at that. Then take it up with the other party’s insurer.
                    When I was involved in an accident which was not my fault I engaged an accident insurance assist company to help me. They are on your side, your own insurance company will not fight YOUR corner with the other insurer.
                    first thing they do is give you a car the cost of which is borne by the other party’s insurer. Once that meter is running it focuses the insurer’s attention to get things resolved.
                    tell them you want to keep your car ( assuming that you do )and that you want money in lieu of repairs so that you can get it fixed yourself.
                    Get some quotes for yourself to give you a guide to how much you’ll need then use my simple rule of thumb - double what you first think it’ll cost.
                    I’d say you’ll need to be aiming at 10 grand off them - IMHO - having had my own car fixed ten years ago.
                    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I thought my luck was bad, which it is, but this would have me demented, I feel for you, I really do, hopefully you can get it sorted out, stupid insurance companies

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post

Do not take any money from your own insurer. Tell them that your car has been damage in an accident that was not your fault and leave it at that. Then take it up with the other party’s insurer.
                        When I was involved in an accident which was not my fault I engaged an accident insurance assist company to help me. They are on your side, your own insurance company will not fight YOUR corner with the other insurer.
                        first thing they do is give you a car the cost of which is borne by the other party’s insurer. Once that meter is running it focuses the insurer’s attention to get things resolved.
                        tell them you want to keep your car ( assuming that you do )and that you want money in lieu of repairs so that you can get it fixed yourself.
                        Get some quotes for yourself to give you a guide to how much you’ll need then use my simple rule of thumb - double what you first think it’ll cost.
                        I’d say you’ll need to be aiming at 10 grand off them - IMHO - having had my own car fixed ten years ago.
                        Appreciated. I'll take your advice. Hopefully I'll report back here with some positive results.

Comment

A positive result would be an amazing outcome bud from my past experiences with insurance companies its rare and they make you work hard for it, keep at em

Comment

i just paid 15K for mine 190k miles good nick big brakes etc. maybe a bit too much but i'm happy with it so tell them to go and do there homework.. theres one for sale on ebay that needs tons of work for £8750.. ******s..
                            93 ABY S2

Comment

Insurance companies are not interested In anything other than the glasses guide book which is total nonsense for certain models of cars, I argued for 8 months and got nowhere

Comment

they are worth 25k, the audi rs2 is worth around 48k

Comment

Working...
                                X