Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

brilliant well done bud yes as said buy the car back
      93 ABY S2

Comment

Amazing job bud first good outcome I've heard of in a situation like this all power to ya, Defo get the car back mines been total loss at least twice in 20 years it's nonsense what they do

Comment

They should be charged with fraud over that first offer

Comment

So.... The salvage value when they offered me £6,400 was £1,280, so buying it back would have been a no-brainer. The salvage value when they valued it at £19k was more like £8.5k so it wasn't quite as cut and dry.

£8.5k for a car that had two smashed bumpers, the arch movement and whatever other surprises the impact may have caused, sagging headliner, a rusty wing, the old water ingress into the boot issue, blistering paintwork, peeling dials, overdue cambelt change, and many more niggling little things that I'd shown myself incapable of getting sorted over the 16 years I owned it. Then there is the living within the London ULEZ tax - £12.50 every time I drive it - In the end I decided to take the money. It was not an easy decision. Money will just get swallowed up by a loft conversion and I'll go car-less.

Given the salvage value, the company that picked it up plan to auction it, so hopefully it'll make it back into circulation. If anyone ever sees a ming blue, cat-N, N-reg S2 out there and considers buying it, I can tell you what was good and bad about it.

Comment

Can't you find out where it will be auctioned

Comment

You could look at it from the angle that they're giving £10,500 to repair it

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                  You could look at it from the angle that they're giving £10,500 to repair it
                  Exactly what I thought
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Yeah. I thought it too. And am thinking it now. And when I got a crappy Zipcar to see my folks I thought it big time. But I was driving it maybe ten times a year and it was slowly wasting away.

Comment

This car went through copart earlier today. Anyone see what it sold for?

Comment

We have a copart account at work I'll check tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                        X