Finally an S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally an S2

After 3 years of a 93 2.6 V6 coupe and 4 of a 2.8 Quattro Coupe, I finally woke up and got a late 94 S2. It is Emerald Green in pristine condition, 56K miles, and totally standard right down to the hardly marked Avus' as far as I am aware. No aircon, air bag or leather but it has walnut! What a drive, the other cars were like tractors in comparison, pity other motorists get in the road!

Minor problems are a misted fog light with little chrome and a side flasher wanting to be a mini fish tank. A more serious issue is the soft front end. When jacked up the travel on the shocks is huge, does this confirm they are tired? So it looks like new shocks, top mount bushes and a check of other bushes and ARB rubbers. I want to keep this car standard so intend to use Audi parts. I know you lot will recommend blue bushes, Konis and RS2 ARBs, but I only drive slow, honest!
    SteveBe

Steve,

congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum.

Wise move keeping it standard, if you can resist the temptation, that'll save you a fortune .

Cheers,

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

Welcome SteveBe

You've come to the right place for info on your S2. There are a wealth of experienced owners on this forum, who will be more than willing to advise you on any queries or issues you may have.

If you have any questions post them in a section of the forum that is relevant and I'm sure you will find the answers you are looking for

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,
      Steve
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Welcome SteveBe

Congratulations on the car! That's a really low milage, sounds great, don't hang around here too much though if you want to keep it stock

I recommend first thing, after you've driven it for a few weeks of course, is a home fried ECU upgrade, excellent value for money and just makes the car go like it should do

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

welcome in steve,

If its the side repeaters your talking about you can get clear, smoked and all sorts from most performance suppliers.

If you want to see what the different suspension setups are like before you go out and buy a setup it will be well worth your while coming along to the next meet on the 28-29th feb. There will be lots of S2's in attendance and quite a few have had the suspension sorted in one way or another.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Have you guys found white side repeaters in original form? I mean really white, not silver/clear that has a orange bulb visible.
            -

Comment

Is this what you are after? I got mine from Halfords (easily get them in this country - £13 IIRC) with silver coloured bulbs - which I got for a £5 from a car show.
              Attached Files
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Whoa. Yes!
                Didn't know that silver 5W bulbs are available.
                -

Comment

I got mine from these guys....

www.silverfusion.co.uk

....but their site doesn't seem to be working properly.
                  ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

your gonna get shark bite from that clearance.. :eek2:

Comment

Steve, whats your vedict on the 2,8 coupe quattro now, that you drive the S2? I still drive both of them, and am still a fan of the clumsier V6,not disappointing. Ever tried to tune the V6?
                      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Horvathg, my V6 quattro coupe was totally standard, I'm not into tuning, yet. Although both cars are of the same age and mileage, to be honest the V6 was like a tractor compared with S2! The gear change in the V6 was good but the 6 speed gear box in the S2 is about the best of any car I have driven. Perhaps I'm lucky. The difference in power seemed huge initially, but I'm used to it now. The front end of the V6 was stiffer than the S2 which seems strange. I'm investigating the S2, may need new shocks and ARB rubbers, top mounts. The V6 understeered much more than the S2, but with a stiffer rear end the S2 is more likely to over rather understeer? After only 4 months of the S2, I'm extremely pleased with it and even get excited about the 5 mile drive to work!

Best regards
                        SteveBe

Comment

Actually I agree, Steve. Anyway I'll keep the V6, my missus drives it daily in a nice granny behaviour. The S2 is to keep the smile on my face continuously. It really goes. And drinks like hell.
                          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
                          X