Its arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its arrived!

Picked it up last night after I finished work. Took some quick piccies today. Over the moon with it right now

What ya think?

Mark
    '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
    '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
    '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
    '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
    '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
    '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Looks very nice Are you pleased with the performance?

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

nice 1 matey looks real clean

Comment

Looks very tidy bar the crack in the light. Got the specs of it or is it completely standard?
        1990 Peugeot 205 1.9 Turbo 192bhp - 190lbs/ft
        1996 Vauxhall Omega 3.0V6 Ex-Plod - cop motor, cop shocks, cop brakes, cop LSD. Cheap, tatty and comically sideways!

Comment

Looks nice, you couldn't get the smile off my face for the entire first day I had mine (apart from when the gf's neighbour reversed into it), I'm sure it's the same for you!

Comment

Looks lovely mate, althought that towbar would be the first thing to go if it was mine.

Comment

Nice one (for a hearse ) and it seems to have most of the extras (heated seats, aircon, carbon) which is a good bonus.

The only thing I noticed is that the rear ride height looks a little high. Has it had new springs or promounts installed recently?

Cheers n

Si
              95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
              Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
              With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Looks super nice mate...Really clean and the tow bar will come in mega handy, what with all that pulling power you have now...

The back end seems to be sitting a little high though, has it had new springs fitted?

What's the plans for her?

Comment

I thought the back end was sitting fairly high too, I'm guessing with it having a towbar fitted maybe it was used to pull a trailer or small caravan so it may well have had something done to raise it.

I was going to keep it standard until I joined here I'm probably going to replace all orange lamps with clear ones and replace the cracked foglight. Might try and get myself an iPod head unit as well because I dont really listen to the radio much and it doesn't have a CD player. I noticed last night it has Infinity speakers in the back doors too. Thats all that seems to have been done.

I've been grinning like a Cheshire Cat since I got it, I've gone from a high revving, torque-less 1600 N/A to a 2.2 turbo, so yeah I'm very impressed with it. I was surprised at how refined the turbo surge is, I was expecting a real shove in the back, such as a Rover 220 Turbo but it didn't happen, the only way I can describe it is it feels like riding a tsunami, simply relentless pushing that you dont really notice until you look at the speedo and the scenery.

Mark

Comment

ha ha, wait unitl you get the homefry :mischeif:
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing with it having a towbar fitted maybe it was used to pull a trailer or small caravan
                      Don't ever mention caravan and s2 in the same sentence Please.

Looks very nice, Nice colour

Comment

Whats a homefry?

Been out for a drive today and ended up doing about 260 miles, just to see how it got on and if there were any underlying problems and had absolutely no bother at all. Took it round single track lanes, fast A-roads and dual carriageways and it lapped it all up.

Mark

Comment

Search homefry on here and you should find it, then search for brakes as you will need them apparantly. Oh and a follow up search on google might be toothpaste as your want to keep the grin you'll be wearing in tiptop condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                            Search homefry on here and you should find it, then search for brakes as you will need them apparantly. Oh and a follow up search on google might be toothpaste as your want to keep the grin you'll be wearing in tiptop condition.
                            You really MUST do it the other way around.

Sort out your brakes first (and suspension), then think about power, as however good the brakes feel when you first drive an S2 after normal shopping trolleys, very soon you will learn that the S2 easily has enough power to get you into trouble. The stock brakes will only get you out of that trouble on the first occasion, after that you will be in full on brake fade territory

There are loads of good threads about the 996 monoblock upgrade

Cheers n

Si
                            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

yeah sorry about that got in late from work last night, i'm currently finding out my brakes need upgrading so doing a 996 upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X