International Audi Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Audi Rescue

My name's Noel and i'm an Audiholic. It has been one day since my last purchase.

I couldn't help it. I was trying to find a radiator for my 16v and ended up in a small scrappie. There sat a por wee 1.8 B3 80. Not the right radiator but couldn't see much wrong with it
    "what's wrong with it?" says I
    "not much" said the chap. "just the alternator as far as I can tell. The guy got fed up and went out and bought a new car, took the private reg and got us to pick it up"
    "What you going to do with it?" I asked
    "Crush it" he replied.
    "grpftgrooobleugghh" I said. "What kind of money you want for it whole?"
    "tuppence" (ish)
    "Let me ask the missus" I finished with

So I went home and explained the plight of the orphan 80 to my ever patient wife who gave me 'the brows'. Quick discussion later (the usual promises from me, the usual resignation from her) and I called the bloke back to tell him to hang on there.

So I fastened my cape about my shoulders and dropped in after work yesterday. Got a jump start (purrs nicely) and toodled off round teh corner.. where I ran out of petrol. Couple of litres of BP's finest and another jump and I was off again. So here she sits upon my driveway, waiting for a day of attention. The wife has pointed out that I have 2 broken S2s down the road to finish and I need to get the radiator and downpipe onto the 16v but I see it as a variety of challenges to keep me busy.

So anyway.. I'm 1 step away from seeking professional help. I mean a head doctor by the way, not a mechanic. Does anyone else suffer from a similar affliction?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Got to hand it to you mate,

That's some dedication to the Audi cause!

If it drives well and all it needs is a new alternator then it may be a way to free some more cash up to ploug into the S2(s).

What alternator does this need? I have a reconditioned one from a Mk2 golf in my garage so if it fits then I may be able to help you out.

Comment

How much did you pay for it in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        How much did you pay for it in the end?
        Pennies

Originally posted by Dpicariello View Post
        Got to hand it to you mate,

That's some dedication to the Audi cause!

If it drives well and all it needs is a new alternator then it may be a way to free some more cash up to ploug into the S2(s).

What alternator does this need? I have a reconditioned one from a Mk2 golf in my garage so if it fits then I may be able to help you out.
        cheers mate. I do worry though. If I had more money and more room my house would no doubt be like an Audi old folk's home where pre 96 cars go to limp around and tell stories of when they once raced a 318 and left it on a roundabout. [sigh]

anyway.. Think I need the bosch unit 026 903 015B. This isn't off my own unit (i'm at work) It's off a unit someone else has offered me off a similar car. Says NY 14V 34-90amp on it (if I can read my own writing).
        It's a 1990 1781cc B3. Not sure if anyone can look it up for me?

When I sort it out if the missus doesn't want it for 4 door baby friendliness i'll sell it and put the money into the s2 building fund.
        1990 CQ20v

Comment

I salute your dedication to the marque! If there are any cheap interesting old audis up here for sale, you shall be the first to know! Nice chrome wipers by the way, you'd better not be thinking about taking them off!

Comment

Originally posted by ciaranthemurph View Post
            I salute your dedication to the marque! If there are any cheap interesting old audis up here for sale, you shall be the first to know! Nice chrome wipers by the way, you'd better not be thinking about taking them off!
            oh jesus don't say that. I'm bad enough without broadening my field of rescue. that said let me know if you find an old 80 or 90 quattro. hehe. And I know someone after a 16v avant.

So yeah - wipers. No way, they're staying. They'll set off the washer neons and fake plastic bonnet scoop. And when I get the stupidly big back box on it will sound like I have a hole in the exhaust too!! Now where's my Scooter CD?
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Four, I accept it too... I'm an Audiholic. In two of the junk yards near here there are about 4 B3's 1.8S and one B4 TDI... I hate see them over there and I hate even more the F**KING owners.

3 days ago I had a little talk with old man driving the only Audi 90 in this town, it's a 2.3 10V K-jetronic 5cil LGP fueled... It's beautiful! I know...except for the liquid gas as fuel hehe He told me that he has the car since was Zero miles are 12years running with that fuel and almost 200k miles running LGP (255K miles in total) and the engine was never opened! Let me say you guys... no smoke on the exhaust! He already has a Golf V 2.0 TDI and he don't want to change his Audi.

3 weeks ago I saw the first Audi Quattro Typ85, it's a GT 2.2 10V... wow... I love it! The car is beautiful... I think the owner realized that I was looking his car for a biiiiiiiiig while hehehe Next time I'll start a talk with him too hehehe

I hope you can resolve your Audi problem! If you don't want one of the S2's...send me one with DHL!!!! LOL
              Last edited by 20vQC; 11 October 2007, 14:45.
              - Looking for a S2
              - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
              - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

It is a dangerous disease alright... Top post by fourcircle BTW - very good... I can almost hear the conversation you had with the missus - LOL.

Your efforts are admirable, and as you say - what do you do with them if they can't be fixed up as perfectly functional cars and sold onwards for little money.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Lol um can I also admit i'm an audiholic, I will be driving down on sunday to pick up a 20v to go with my s2 and coupe gt5s, the fates not 100% known about the 20v but will update as soon as I know, if I had more space i'd have more cars, where I used to live I don't think i dropped below 4 cars at any one time.

Anyone on facebook who has me as a friend will have seen some of the pictures of my old cars and learnt of there fates.

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
                    My name's Noel and i'm an Audiholic. It has been one day since my last purchase.
                    check out www.uber9.co.uk one of the forums t shirts design is for audiholics anonymous
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Just listed on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Cullam3n View Post
                        That is who I bought my wheels from, they seem to be quite good.

Comment

Working...
                        X