Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 vs Dog

Well, suprisingly id say a draw!

On my way back from doing all the work necessary for the 996 conversion (besides fitting as waiting for clip from porsche). A591, very heavy fog, dog runs into middle of the road.

Both suffered "corner" damage, the dog being hit on its left shoulder by the s2 on the front passenger side. The dog had a very nasty slice across its shoulder with the muscle clearly visible, the s2 had its front bumper cracked in the centre and front left, and the fog light and indicator is annihilated, with one or two other plastic bits done in here and there as a result of the bumper impact.

Found the owners who were very apologetic, and we got the dog off to the vet ASAP.

So, anyone got a front bumper for sale?

The indicators are at VAG parts, need to find the fog light as well.

Andy
    Last edited by Sonic; 22 December 2007, 22:35.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Ow! Good luck for repairs to both the S2 and the dog!!
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

is the dog fine? , is the bumper hard to find there or what?

Comment

The dog (called Jess BTW) was clearly in shock and pain. The owner led it down in the house and despite the incident the dog did exactly what it was told by its owner - quite impressive really! After a call to the vet it was rushed off as they had it booked into surgery right away

Hopefully a load of stitches and it will be ok. Just depends on whether anything internal was ruptured i guess, but i certainly felt it hit the car.

As for the bumper, i know you cant get new ones any more, so its either a repair job or a second hand one which may need to be resprayed.

Comment

Prolly be cheaper than the vets bill.

Hit the 'bay if you can wait?
          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Is the dog insured?

Comment

good that the dog will be ok , and the bumper is absolute now?, there is one bumper from a v6 lieng in a warehouse for scrapyard since years and when ever he ask for it 200 usd , all run and leave it and when ever i go there i see it.

Comment

One of the first comments the owner came out with was "now i wish we had her insured"

They didn't know she was out. Shed obviously done a runner or something, made it across the road earlier and was on her return trip home when she met the S2.

Can the bumper be off an avant or 80, or is to specific to the s2 coupe does anyone know?

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

get it from a v6 coupe and drill for the headwasher i think it will be s2 identical , as Skull donne!

Comment

hopefully the dog will be ok
                    it could be fate the mate
                    perhaps now is the time for an rs2 upgrade
                    on the bumper
                    1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                    2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                    3. H & R SPRINGS
                    4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                    5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                    6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                    7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                    8. fmic fitted

Comment

Surely the owners of the dog (or their insurance) should foot the bill here. If you claim on your own car insurance you likely have a hefty excess which means you'll get little back, and then of course its higher premium at the next renewal.

The owners are at fault as the poor dog was not under their control. Sounds like they have admitted as much verbally to you...

Maybe its a bit harsh to go after them with the repair bill especially as they have the injured dog to get fixed and Vets aren't known for being cheap.

The shoe would be on the other foot, if you had driven off the road, thru their fence and hit the dog.

PS - I love dogs as much as the next guy.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I must admit, I agree.

I also like dogs (was hugely cut up when ours had to be put down in March)

...dogs, unlike cats, can be controlled, and the owners are responsible for the damage to your car.

I guess it depends on how you feel about it, it might seem mighty difficult or heartless to pursue the owners but it's a fact, they are responsible.
                        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

We had the same thing at work, i work for mercedes and we had a brand new vehicle on road test a dog ran out in front of the van and we had to pay for repairs. I think the owner of the dog should pay for youre repairs as it is there fault for not keeping under controll

Comment

I've just sent noel the spare foglight I had for that side, I do have a spare indicator but its got a crack in if its any help you can have it.

Comment

Is the bumper seriously out of production now? I bought a new one not all that long ago, it was £400 though!

Le Mans 2012
                              Nurburgring 700
                              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X