Red S2 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red S2 Coupe

Bought a scanner, so, here are a few piccies of my S2 taken when I bought her!

It's a 1991 3B, red with 17" Mile Miglia replica Porsche Cup Alloys, with 225/45 tyres. The suspension has been lowered with H&R springs. She had a full factory respray under warranty about 5 years ago.

In the background is my old Red 80 Sport.

Since these piccies were taken, I've got big brakes with black Porsche calipers up front, and have added clear front and side indicator lenses.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dan_b; 4 April 2004, 20:20.
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Another view from the side...
    Attached Files

Comment

And one from the front!
      Attached Files

Comment

Very slick!!
        *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
        Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Tell you what Dan,i didnt like S2s in Red before i got mine,since then ive seen 3 really good examples,one of them i even considered going for prior to purchasing mine(but being red i didnt).Well i rapidly came full circle,and i now think red really suits the S2,yours looks great especially,since the paintwork isnt weathered.
          Rob W
          04 Audi S4 Avant
          55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
          92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
          1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Dan,

The red paint matches the tanktop in your avatar.......
            and your eyes

I can't talk my coupe is red!

David

Comment

Dan,

a nicely maintained shine on your lack. Indeed,the red looks good only if shiny. Bumpers colorcoding is on your plans?
              Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Shine - that's Autoglym: I use the super resin polish, then afterwards the "Perfectionist Gloss", which really brings it up nicely.

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Dan...Very nice looking example

Kinda reminds me of my daily drive
                  Attached Files
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Ha, look at that! Twins!
                    I'm sort of wishing that my Porsche calipers were red to match the paintwork, as I see yours are! Nice wheels

Yours is a 91 too, has it had a re-spray?

Comment

Yup, 91 too

Mines had paint, however, it wasn't done by a main dealer. Looks like it's had the bonnet, off-side wing and door done. I'm looking at a full respray sometime later this year.
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

According to my car records, it was given a full respray, under warranty, a few years ago - apparently there was a fault in the paint process in the factory for that colour which meant that the Red faded to orange in that period , and Audi were offering to respray free of charge! Might be worth investigating to see if they'll still do it?

Comment

The problem with the laser red color is that it doesn't have a lacquer finish, it's only that red color paint and it does fade to orange in a couple of years if not polished and waxed regulary. Mine was quite bad when I bought the car but after some (or actually a lot of...) polishing it's shining again. So I don't think there will be any respray jobs free of charge by Audi...

But anyway, it is a great looking colour when polished and waxed with a good quality wax.

Comment

Working...
                          X