Windscreen Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
    use the "Its a Show car" line to the manager of the branch so that he was under no illusions about the quality of fitment I was looking for.
    Good idea Steve

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
    when i spoke to a girl at autoglass glasgow she couldn't find the s2, despite me saying "can you find an audi coupe", then phoned me back and said "ah yes I spoke to the head fitter and he said we have it under the A2. when do you want booked in?" marvellous.
    RUN.......
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Good advice Si,

and like Steve's as well.

Not wanting to start anything, but glad I have an Avant.

Best of luck with the job.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
        Not wanting to start anything, but glad I have an Avant.
        I assume you mean because you can fit even more grass cuttings in the boot? I had never thought about it that way but just imagine how much you could fit in if you took the coffin out first!

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Well they are coming to fit a new screen on Monday, weather dependent.

The woman assures me that they have some guy who's fitted audi coupe quattro screens before to do the fitting... so lets hope it all goes to plan.

Strangely enough they insisted upon coming out to me to fit the screen, even not having a garage, instead of me travelling to them.

Sounds like they have the right screen complete with sun visor though, so off to a good start!

Comment

is it not possible while taking off the old seal to get a fine brush and cover with quick drying paint and a little lacquer the spots that may have been compromised by this procedure?Wouldnt this help with the corrosion possibility?

Comment

I got my coupe windscreen changed last year, it took them 3 attempts and 8 hrs a time to do and it is still not perfect, i get a slight wind noise from the passenger side. Oh and make sure they put ALL of the RIGHT SIZE rivets back in the trim.
              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                It took the guy four hours in the end
                Originally posted by Graham View Post
                it took them 3 attempts and 8 hrs a time to do
                And the receptionist reckoned it would take the guy a max of 2 hours

Comment

Had the guy round today to fit the screen.

Ended up tipping it down so we got a gazebo up, screen out and ready, trim off - to find he didn't have new rivets and top rubber

He's ordered some more parts and will return later in the week.

The guy seemed to know his stuff which was good, had been changing screens for 12 years and had changed quite a few audi coupe screens previously.

He insisted he wasn't going to fit the screen unless everything was 100% with new rubbers, rivets etc - which is reassuring!

Upon seeing the condition of the car i think he understood why i was a little **** about it. Lots of questions about what the S badge standed for over the standard coupe, and whether it would keep up with his mates A4 3.2 s-line

Comment

More like could his mates A4 3.2 S-line keep up with you when you come on boost?

Glad to hear the windscreen replacement is sort of going well. I take it you still have the glass in it at the moment?
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                    X