Help!!!!!! Smoke Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!! Smoke Issues

Hello everyone, after tryin 2 different rebuilt rs2 turbo`s, im havin smoke on start up, first start up its a fair amount of smoke, whitesh color hint of blue stinks of oil , but it only does it after about 30-40 seconds after initial start up and then every start up but not as bad as first but still smokes blue.
    facts;
    2 different rebuilt rs2 turbo, rebuilt by 2 different places,
    when i first had this problem (with 1st turbo) changed a day later with standard 1 then was perfect no smoke at all,
    now changed to 2nd one and same thing again,
    when 1st started then smoke apears i rev it a few times then smoke clears after about 3-4 revs, when oil warms up take it for a blast no smoke whatsoever not on run off or Wot nothin only when it starts.
    also have changed to catch tank, then back to standard pcv makes on difference catch take probably clears smoke quicker,
    also took spark plugs out and they are bone dry,
    any ideas plaese as it startin to do me head in,
    thanks nip

Valve seals?

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
      Valve seals?
      thanks lind, i thought of that but wouldnt it smoke straight away tho?

Comment

Maybe try a different oil? what oil are you using at the moment .
        sigpic

Comment

I have the same problems with smoke on start up. Changed turbo, but it didn't help.Changed to catch tank,changed oil ,nothing ..... still have smoke. What to do next?

Comment

Burn the Basxxxd
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy View Post
              Maybe try a different oil? what oil are you using at the moment .
              at the moment im usin 10-60 semi but before i was usin 15-15 fully synthetic

Comment

ive heard of loads of people on here who have the same problem , put recon turbo on then smoke starts, have spoke to a couple of turbo builders and they say when it smokes it amplifies there is a problem somewhere else, but where can this be? only valve stem seals of piston rings cuz the spark plugs are dry ive ruled the rings out

Comment

any othere sugestions?

Comment

smokeing

Mine used to smoke on start up but only after 30-40 seconds and only on idle, put up with it for months, thought it was valve stem seals but tried changing oil first.I was using castrol magnatec but changed to synta semi sythetic which audi recomends you use and it hasn't smoked since.

Comment

Originally posted by matty View Post
                      Mine used to smoke on start up but only after 30-40 seconds and only on idle, put up with it for months, thought it was valve stem seals but tried changing oil first.I was using castrol magnatec but changed to synta semi sythetic which audi recomends you use and it hasn't smoked since.
                      cheers matty will try that

Comment

I had this with mine after I had the turbo overhauled, diverting output of catch tank to the original intake location only had small effect, sent it away for 2nd refurb under warranty and after re-fitting it still smoked on idle after a minute or so, though not as bad. Ended up buying a second hand 90K miler, no issues whatsoever since! Loads of people I have spoken too since have had problems with this after having a KKK turbo overhauled. My 2x overhauled turbo has now been sent to KKK for investigation .....Awaiting results...
                        1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                        2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                        2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
                          I had this with mine after I had the turbo overhauled, diverting output of catch tank to the original intake location only had small effect, sent it away for 2nd refurb under warranty and after re-fitting it still smoked on idle after a minute or so, though not as bad. Ended up buying a second hand 90K miler, no issues whatsoever since! Loads of people I have spoken too since have had problems with this after having a KKK turbo overhauled. My 2x overhauled turbo has now been sent to KKK for investigation .....Awaiting results...
                          cheers matey, the seals have to build a carbon seal around the piston seal, im thinkin that the only reason it smokes is theres no carbon around the seal, cuz it smokes all the time it wont alow carbon to coke up.
                          Let me know about the investigation please mate cheers

Comment

I had a same problem, read the 3D with title "How to test the heath status of a K24/7200 turbo.
                            Thanks a lot friends!
                            Bye

Alessio
                            My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                            Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                            Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                            Audi S2 Avant
                            Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

This is really common with RS2 turbos, even new ones.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X