No announcement yet.

***My New Lady - Mk2 Golf GTi***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's less than used one go for on the 'bay. What's not to love? I may be buying another car as well, but it's all hush hush until it happens, if it does

Comment

• Wondered when that was going to happen...

You just cant help yourself!!!

I'll watch out for a cheap Digifiz on ebay then....

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• That's where it's going It's the right one for your car as well! Unfortunately you do need all the loom and switch gear. I'm not sure if they do a CE2 fusebox one tbh.

Comment

• Got a CE1 in the white one that will be broken next...

Are you getting the brackets with the display?

sigpic

Comment

• Been getting her sorted with a number of new bits and bobs... Eibach Front ARB New Ball Joints... Lots Of Shiny New Bits....

Took her for a valet today & testing out my other new toy... Camera..

This is how she is looking now....

sigpic

Comment

• Afterwards;

She's Now Booked In To Get The Roof & Bumpers Sorted... Happy Days...

sigpic

Comment

• The pictures with the new camera show the paint off far better. Nice work.
                05 Allroad
                05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

• Looking very well indeed there

Are parts now becoming a ball-ache for these as well as the Audi's?
                  I had an 8V back in the day, loved it and have been tempted lately to maybe get another as a daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tap Towers View Post
                    The pictures with the new camera show the paint off far better. Nice work.
                    Thanks...

Originally posted by PeteRR View Post
                    Looking very well indeed there

Are parts now becoming a ball-ache for these as well as the Audi's?
                    I had an 8V back in the day, loved it and have been tempted lately to maybe get another as a daily.
                    Yes and No - Yes Cos VAG keep dropping stuff - No Cos VAG have seen that their is a massive following for these cars, so are now remaking stuff and selling through VW Classic in Germany ( Not Cheap Mind!!).

Also with there being over 6 million worldwide there is always one getting broken somewhere & loads of Patten parts (Most of which are Crap) - Mechanical parts are 10 a penny... Body parts are the worst to get hold of...

sigpic

Comment

• Just been messing...

sigpic

Comment

• Spent the last two nights messing with my old girl.... Got fed up fixing other peeps cars - mainly my sons as he has done a big bumper conversion with side trims & replaced his rocker cover gasket etc etc etc....

Rear Turrets now overlaid with the earlier Carpet Covers from a Valver That I'm breaking at the mo... Nothing major I just think they look better & I was upgrading the parcel shelves with better ones so made sense to do it all at once....

Whilst doing this I noted that Stevie Wonder had wired in the Amp - so decided to tidy it up and put it where the OEM Loom is - Under the carpet properly... But then had the notion to do what Mr Blue suggested with hiding the Amp behind the rear Door card... So thought I'll have a bash...

Door Card Off...

Amp Bracket;

Amp On Bracket;

Bracket Fitted;

Door Card Refitted - PITA...;

Rear Seat Fitted;

Seat Bolts Fitted;

Also over the last few months I have been replacing all the switches with Brand New ones - along with new stalks...

All Frigging Expensive Mind You!!

This is how they must have looked when the cars left the factory - Minus the VDO's...

sigpic

Comment

• Very very nice! My compliments!
                          I love MK2 Golf, in the future is possible that I buy a G60 Rallye
                          Alessio
                          My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                          Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                          Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                          Audi S2 Avant
                          Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

• Originally posted by Audi-Porsche Avant RS2 View Post
                            Very very nice! My compliments!
                            I love MK2 Golf, in the future is possible that I buy a G60 Rallye
                            Alessio
                            For the money I would buy an UR or an Edition One G60...

I'm Not a Rallye Fan...

sigpic

Comment

• She's just back from the Body Shop....

Had the roof painted along with the bumpers and the tailgate handle - all parts that weren't done when the original respray was done - due to the costs & lack of cash flow...

I've used a different firm this time - But the work look's excellent - Lets see how it lasts!!

Whilst In The Paint Shop!!

The Finished Item.....

sigpic

Comment

• Been working on her today....

Fitted the electric mirrors that I've had for over a year.... :shocked:

Whilst I had the doors in bits thought I would also fit brand new window inner scrapers that arrived from Germany last week...

Mirrors were a doddle to wire in (Did have a proper OEM loom & Switch) and if anyone needs any info on how to do it let me know...

Mirrors Fitted!!

New Inner Window Scrapers;

Mirror Wiring;

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X