Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will mess your head up now !

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=...wtopic&t=85499

This sounds like a car you should seriosly consider.

Silver body and black leather is a good start.

NCTS.

Comment

Ive been trying to find a nice set of recaros for a while now but they all seem to go for 450+ but thats for a full set with door cards for the mk2. If i do get a set, and then i find a suitable S2 would you put them in there? I drove one with factory seats (i think) and they felt pretty good.

On the subject of that rs2, i plugged it to get an insurance quote, hoping it would be cheaper than the coupe and it gave me back a quote for just over 2 grand !!! nearly triple that for the several quotes ive got for the coupe. Ive triple checked it, dont understand

Comment

RS2 has Porsche written on various parts of it, thus insurers react to it like a Vampire to a garlic coated silver crucifix. Coupe slips under the radar, I pay the same for the S2 as I do for my 318is

With regards to buying a cheap car and running it on the cheap... it's a bad idea but then when you start to earn money properly, you'll have a sweet car on which to spend all of your hard earned. Insurance on an S2 is a fraction of that on a Porsche, BMW M or even a heavily modified Golf etc. They make a lot of sense when you look at the bigger picture, fuel economy is poor but then I managed to get a Golf GTI tonever break 30mpg, about the same as a carefully driven S2 on the motorway at 70

One last thing, there's nothing better than being at a VAG day and having 1001 jealous VW owners watch you pass by in an S2, it's worth the money for sure, as is being spanked by some mental Golf track car @ Combe each year just before it implodes
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

You may be confusing the S2 Avant for an RS2. These are two 'different' cars. The insurance for and S2 Avant shouldn't be much different for an S2 Coupe.
          Audi S2 Avant, 1995, ...and it begins with a Homefry
          Audi 80 Sport, 1986, ...my first car...wish I still had it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haaran View Post
            You may be confusing the S2 Avant for an RS2. These are two 'different' cars. The insurance for and S2 Avant shouldn't be much different for an S2 Coupe.
            Insuring mine when I was 23 was half the price for the avant than the coupe!

Comment

Working...
            X