No announcement yet.

So Paul finally got an Avant..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very interesting reading! especially the fact that the Forge valves can hold more pressure when fitted backwards! I'll have to try that for fun.

I think the conclusions were, a DV is a Dv, some slightly better at holding pressure than others. Why spend 4x the money on a good aftermarket one was asked, the answer, serviceable and looks pretty. Unless you're running huge psi when one of the metal ones may be better at holding the pressure.

So you can have 4 OE ones for the price of a posh metal after market one. pays your money and takes your choice..... Cheers for the link Mark.
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

That's the link Mark.

So we Forgers have to turn ours round? Opposite to your picture Martyn?
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by scouser_75
        Finally, erm... gonna ask 1 stupid question, erm, is it Paul Nugent who bought the "flash OAP carrier"?
        No.....she's all mine
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

dont let martyn tempt you with his slippers...lol

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
            dont let martyn tempt you with his slippers...lol
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

There are some OAPs lurking in the background...for whom the space is as essential as the pace.

No way I could get the kid and the clobber in coupe.....plus I'm lucky enough to have another 'toy car' when I want to play.

Comment

Congrats Paul

You've waited long enough to find one, hope she goes well for you.

BTW..I take it you'll be replacing the registration plate with a nice VAG one

Cheers
                Steve.
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I'm amazed at how many of you slag off the Avant as an OAP car, but on the next post fall in love with the RS2 which is Avant only!

The Coupes are nice - don't get me wrong, but for a real Q car, you can't beat estates!

Your local boy racer in his Scooby or Evo would never venture out ever again if he were blown away by an estate. Especially a 10 year old one!

Give me Avants any day!

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud
                    I'm amazed at how many of you slag off the Avant as an OAP car, but on the next post fall in love with the RS2 which is Avant only!
                    We're only joking Kenny - I have a coupe because I don't have sprogs - the only reason I would need an avant is for chucking a bike(or zimmerframe in Martyns case ) in the back - even then I wouldn't like doing that.

When are you venturing up my way? - I wouldn't mind seeing these new brakes of yours.

Comment

I've just re-read my post and realised what a **** I sounded. I realise it's all just a bit of fun. I must just be showing my age.

The brakes arn't even here yet! TNT tried to deliver them to my home when I was at work.
                      They should arrive some time today. I've then got to fit them. Once thats done, I'm going to get the intercooler fitted and then get Paul to chip it.

Once all thats done, I'll be up to Star for a shot at his rolling road, just to see what she can do!

I'm probably looking at the end of this month before all this takes place.
                      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

i shouldnt take the piss really as i part own an avant...

albeit a 100 version.....

with a rr engine fitted......

Comment

Originally posted by sidspud

Once all thats done, I'll be up to Star for a shot at his rolling road, just to see what she can do!
                          Give us a shout - if I have my car custom rempped by Paul and Mihnea I will come along with you and I should be able to compare the power/torque curves from the Paul/Mihnea sesh with Star.

Comment

AVANTS RULE OK, you're all b'staaaards zimmerframe.... is this becuase I called your steering wheel and MDF door trims crap Doug?

p.s Mr sid spud sir, BLOODY nice wheels you have there!!!!
                            Martyn
                            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I knew you would crack sometime Martyn

Comment

Working...
                              X