• The New Look

[ATTACH]28680[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28682[/ATTACH]

Satin? black S6+ alloys, nice
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Nice Rich, 255's? bet it grips like fek now.

Comment

Looking good!

Looks quite like Beerbelly's S6. Works for me!
        Hows the rest of the car work going?

255's mine too and yes somewhat grippy!

Comment

get it lowered!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Rusty; Yeh i had them done in Satin and as close to RS6 Plus grey as i could get.

Martin & istoo; Jesus does it grip, not only are they 255's but i took a deep breath and went for porsche fitment (N3) Pirelli PZero rosso's!! :mischeif:

Damian; Yeh i was thinking that too Spink has reccomended some Eiback springs which i'm looking at.

Comment

Next i have to fit the S6+ tailgate and rear spoiler i have waiting

Then i'm thinking of having all the chrome trim done in satin black too (keeping with the S6+ theme) What do you think???

Comment

You know i went from H&R's back up to standard springs. They were just too low for my part of the world, motorways and smooth A roads fine, Scottish B roads and any form of speed hump.. CRUNCH. Destroyed most of my suspension components. Eibach i believe are a mild drop and stiffer spring rate, would be my choice if i had the money!

Good find on the S6+ rear, does make it sit a lot better

Surprised your trim is chrome, i thought they should have been black on all cars, unless chrome was an option. the black trim in reality is chrome trim with a black vinyl type coating.

Rosso's are a great tyre, they were standard fitment on my A4, really good allrounder imho. Although far from the cheapest, if its any sollice they will stand for a lot of miles as well. Best performance upgrade you will make is tyres I still dont understand why they are so overlooked. I think you'll be needing a project thread now.. chop chop!

Comment

Originally posted by istoo View Post
                  You know i went from H&R's back up to standard springs. They were just too low for my part of the world, motorways and smooth A roads fine, Scottish B roads and any form of speed hump.. CRUNCH. Destroyed most of my suspension components. Eibach i believe are a mild drop and stiffer spring rate, would be my choice if i had the money!

Good find on the S6+ rear, does make it sit a lot better

Surprised your trim is chrome, i thought they should have been black on all cars, unless chrome was an option. the black trim in reality is chrome trim with a black vinyl type coating.

Rosso's are a great tyre, they were standard fitment on my A4, really good allrounder imho. Although far from the cheapest, if its any sollice they will stand for a lot of miles as well. Best performance upgrade you will make is tyres I still dont understand why they are so overlooked. I think you'll be needing a project thread now.. chop chop!
                  Thanks for the comments and advice. Yes spink said how well they ride on the eibach's, a little stiffer would be fine but too low and stiff on uk roads will make a car slower point to point, dispite what most saxo owners will tell you

The black trip as opposed to chrome was only on the S6+ and the run out S6's. Mine being an 'early' one has chrome, but is easily painted.

Re the tyres; I couldn't agree more, they are so important, why spend a fortune on power and suspension only to run them on crap tyres!!? It's not really a daily driver anymore and will be garaged and not come out at all in the salt, so grip was my only concern, Michelin PS2's were on back order, so realistically i had a choice of the Rosso's and Contisport2's, so i thought anything standard fitment on 911 turbo's would be grippy enough, and i have to say its transformed the car, i'm coming out of bends and islands at the most stupid speeds

What tyres do you use istoo?

Comment

Looks good,
                    on my car the grille badge is up a bit higher and I think it looks that bit better. Don't actually know what is the "correct" spot for it.

EDIT: and I really like the rims in black. Black trim is a great job too on the run out cars.
                    Shane

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                      Looks good,
                      on my car the grille badge is up a bit higher and I think it looks that bit better. Don't actually know what is the "correct" spot for it.

EDIT: and I really like the rims in black. Black trim is a great job too on the run out cars.
                      Thanks very much any pics of yours?

Comment

A few from a while ago in this thread, tidied a bit more since then

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46869

EDIT: The OEM exhaust is a bit low when it comes to lowering, I've thumped it a few times as it is on standard height.
                        Shane

Comment

My car is all black trim and its a 94, means i have to go inspect it further now you have said that...

Tyres, always seem to hinge on how much money I have at the time! Rosso's I had on the A4 where excellent, standard fitment on quattro sports and the latter S4's. Mu urS4 is on Dunlop Sports not a tyre i would have picked but had a pretty new set on when i bought it and replaced like for like.

I put Falken 452's on my wifes E61, and for a "budget" tyre they are excellent, really good infact.

There is a car in the forsales a user called unicom has Konis & Eibach on his which looks and rides bang on for everyday use. My first lowered car i have bought, and its not any quicker tbh, feels really low sitting in tia dn made the car look great. But wholey impractical imho for a daily driver. Ultimately adjustable coilovers would be ideal for a weekend car, but a tad expensive perhaps!

Comment

Working...
                          X