need help please lads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help please lads.

hi lads need some help badly can anybody help. my problem is this. while driving
    along today my s2 cut out . i tryed to restart the car but not a hope. had to have the
    car towed home once i got home i checked the fuses everything ok the car is turning over but will not start what else can i check lads greatful for any help.

paul

ABY or 3B?

Pin on flywheel, cam hall sensor

Comment

It's a 3b Jamo

@Paul, if those items are the same as the ABY you're welcome to swap mine in there to test.
      Shane

Comment

Had similar problem, was the crank position sensor. Have you run any of the codes off?
        1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

Tested the fuel pump?
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49771 read through this thread it will help you find the problem
            never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

need help please lads.

thanks lads i will try everything you advise

paul

Comment

First thing i would do is check for spark. Pull a HT lead off and plug a spare spark plug into it, rest it on the cam cover and then turn the engine over to see if you have a spark.

Give me a call tomorrow if you want a hand with it ..

Mark
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

This happened to me the other day, it was the fuel pump

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Like said above, first things to do is test spark and fuel. If one is not happening then you know what direction to go in to fix it. If your having spark and fuel pressure theres plenty of info in the thread linked above.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

need help please lads

gents thank you

paul

Comment

need help please lads

the story so far

i have checked everything you good people advised me to and so far its come down
                        to a dodgy immobiliser. we got the car to start for 30 secs when we put 12v to the
                        fuelpump. would it be fair to say that the fact we got the car to run.its not the pin
                        in the flywheel? that is my main concern.

paul

Comment

I believe that without the pin or crank position you would have no spark or fuel, so if you have it running with 12v to fuel pump they should be ok. Have you looked at the fuel pump relay?
                          1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

need help please lads

Originally posted by montez View Post
                            I believe that without the pin or crank position you would have no spark or fuel, so if you have it running with 12v to fuel pump they should be ok. Have you looked at the fuel pump relay?

yes i have checked all relays and fuses.and all ok i have this immobiliser were you
                            use a key pad to disarm it. from what we can tell it seems the immobiliser is shuting
                            off the fuel however i now have to wait untill tuesday to find out for sure as the
                            company that put it in are not open as it is a bank holiday here stumped untill then.

paul

Comment

What make is the imob? I had a similar problem with a previous Audi 90, I could get it started by jiggling the wires into the alarm unit. In the end I had to retrace all the wires and take it out which took forever as it was a full closure system with alarm. Hopefully yours will be an easier fix
                              1991 Audi S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X