Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossroads

Hi Members

I'm after some advice and your thoughts, I'm at a real crossroads and I don't know what to do. I have had my 1991 CQ 20v for a while now and I have slowly converted it to a B4 S2 look a like. As you all know too well, I've spent a small fortune on getting it looking cosmetically good. I've replaced all the usual things that ruin the look and the engine and gearbox is sweat as a nut.

Here's my dilema, I'm thinking either source a S2 complete engine but wouldn't know anything about costs and installation. Would be able to do a fair bit myself but would need expert help aswell, what exactly is involved? Or, I have seen the after market turbo kit for the 2.3 20v and although this would be all the power and fun I would need the cost as currently advertised is near £2k, what do you think?

Finally, I know I won't get no where near its worth in parts but I am also considering selling it.

Any thoughts or advice would be gladly welcome!!!!
    Attached Files

If you like and enjoy the car after putting all the work into it then just source a s2 engine for it and keep hold, you'd get one for a lot less than the 034 turbo kit and it will give you better results in the long run.

Its not too hard a conversion if you source the correct bits, all plug and play.

If you keep an eye out budget around 750 for a complete 3b setup or around 1000 for aby depending on who's selling at the time and whats included but that should get you most bits if not all.

Comment

Easiest route would be to source a cheap 3B engine, loom, ecu and ancills

£500 - £1200 will see you right

Obviously it will keep your costs down if you can tackle the job yourself
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Thanks Acidburn, 750 for a complete 3b setup sounds reasonable. I take it this will work with all my current running gear including gearbox?

If I'm honest the loom part scares me the most, what's needed. Any forum members on hear fancy doing a conversion in Somerset?

Comment

i'm not too far from somerset, its all plug and play. Just a pita having to remove the old stuff/run the new but its not the hardest of jobs.

3b would be easiest but if you get an aby thats a bonus.

Comment

Thanks again acidburn, looks like I will be keeping my eye out for a 3b setup. I don't want rediculous power or anything, I just want a weekend toy and my CQ is in good nick and adding a turbo would make that Sunday drive alot more enjoyable!!!

Anuone selling a complete 3b setup?

Comment

That is a very tidy CQ, well done

Don't forget, if you fit an S2 engine you'll need to insure it as a modified car, may cost more than insuring an S2..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smigger View Post
                Hi Members

I'm after some advice and your thoughts, I'm at a real crossroads and I don't know what to do. I have had my 1991 CQ 20v for a while now and I have slowly converted it to a B4 S2 look a like. As you all know too well, I've spent a small fortune on getting it looking cosmetically good. I've replaced all the usual things that ruin the look and the engine and gearbox is sweat as a nut.

Here's my dilema, I'm thinking either source a S2 complete engine but wouldn't know anything about costs and installation. Would be able to do a fair bit myself but would need expert help aswell, what exactly is involved? Or, I have seen the after market turbo kit for the 2.3 20v and although this would be all the power and fun I would need the cost as currently advertised is near £2k, what do you think?

Finally, I know I won't get no where near its worth in parts but I am also considering selling it.

Any thoughts or advice would be gladly welcome!!!!
                Stunning CQ mate use to have one before I got my S2 same colour as well gutted I sold mine my advice keep it and put a 3b engine in otherwise you will regret selling something as nice as your car

Comment

Working...
                X