No announcement yet.

1990 Audi 100 2.2 5cyl 10v turbo auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thts absolute pressure , meaning 0.7 bar, which is still to high!, either have a leak to wastegate somewhere, or its been upgraded?

Comment

oh! it does feel very quick above 60mph and the response is instant. what should it read mate do you know

who would you recommend as a service/tuner mate

Comment

yeh it will do, at that boost you will be close to 200 hp, dont really no anyone in your area , it may well have been chipped thts why your seeing tht boost, cos in stock form it should have overboost protection come in at 1.6 meaning 06.bar of boost

Comment

Blimey, lets hope it been chipped correctly them, it runs so smooth, no jerking, no hesitation, no fault i can see or hear.....

Do they come standard with an intercooler

Comment

Standard boost is 0.38 bar on an MC2, so you see 1.4bar max on your digital display. If you see 1.7, then it is certainly tuned. Have a look at the wastegate too see if it is still closed at the top. They often screwed the WG in a bit, but that isn't the ideal way of boosting these engines.

MC had 0.4 bar
            KG 0.6 bar
            1B/2B 0.8bar

they come with an intercooler yes, which is a decent item.

Replace your michelin boosthose with a silicone one however, one day you'll be standing along the road with a popped hose

Comment

Originally posted by Avantus View Post
              Standard boost is 0.38 bar on an MC2, so you see 1.4bar max on your digital display. If you see 1.7, then it is certainly tuned. Have a look at the wastegate too see if it is still closed at the top. They often screwed the WG in a bit, but that isn't the ideal way of boosting these engines.

MC had 0.4 bar
              KG 0.6 bar
              1B/2B 0.8bar

they come with an intercooler yes, which is a decent item.

Replace your michelin boosthose with a silicone one however, one day you'll be standing along the road with a popped hose
              Thanks for the info dude, i made a mistake, when on full throttle i see 1.4 not 1.7, why i thought i saw 1.7 im not sure

Im gonna take it to a tuner, maybe dialynx or mrc tuning and get a rolling road tune up, i'll replace the hoses and anything else which maybe weak first.

Comment

Originally posted by salad.dodger View Post
                Thanks for the info dude, i made a mistake, when on full throttle i see 1.4 not 1.7, why i thought i saw 1.7 im not sure

Im gonna take it to a tuner, maybe dialynx or mrc tuning and get a rolling road tune up, i'll replace the hoses and anything else which maybe weak first.
                I have some brand new parts for you engine you may be interested in, I had one a few years back
                and had bout several things for it including the (Michelin man) boost hose as it gets called,
                top rad hose, the metal coolant pipe that runs from the thermostat hosing along the block
                and the little hose from this that goes to the after run pump.
                The boost hose was on the the car 2 weeks before some ******** drove in to me and wrecked the car,
                the other hoses have never even been fitted. You can have the lot for £30 +postage if you want them.
                The Michelin man boost hose is ~£70 on it's own from Audi. All the parts are genuine from Audi dealer. Drop me a PM if you want them.

I also Have 2 MAC 14 ECU's if you ever need one or want one for doing mods to. £20 each.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                  I have some brand new parts for you engine you may be interested in, I had one a few years back
                  and had bout several things for it including the (Michelin man) boost hose as it gets called,
                  top rad hose, the metal coolant pipe that runs from the thermostat hosing along the block
                  and the little hose from this that goes to the after run pump.
                  The boost hose was on the the car 2 weeks before some ******** drove in to me and wrecked the car,
                  the other hoses have never even been fitted. You can have the lot for £30 +postage if you want them.
                  The Michelin man boost hose is ~£70 on it's own from Audi. All the parts are genuine from Audi dealer. Drop me a PM if you want them.

I also Have 2 MAC 14 ECU's if you ever need one or want one for doing mods to. £20 each.
                  i'll let you know dude, im a bit strapped for cash at the moment, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by salad.dodger View Post
                    i'll let you know dude, im a bit strapped for cash at the moment, cheers
                    ok, i seem to have generated a lot of interest in these anyway as i now have 3 PM's
                    from people who want them.

Comment

Looks really nice, I wouldnt be changing anything on it though!

1995 Audi 80 Avant 1.9 TDi
                      1995 Fiesta Zetec Turbo Project
                      1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

Originally posted by Max M4X WW View Post
                        Looks really nice, I wouldnt be changing anything on it though!
                        whys that buddy

Comment

It seems like quite a rare car in really good condition?

1995 Audi 80 Avant 1.9 TDi
                          1995 Fiesta Zetec Turbo Project
                          1998 Mazda MX-5 1.8 'RS'

Comment

ah right yes, it will be serviced and driven at the mo, i dont have the funds to upgrade just yet

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
                              I was always under the impression that the MC's were fuel injected and the later k-jets where KG like my old Audi 200 which had half leathers and electric seats aswell may be wrong though.

If you want to boost more than stock I've still got an ECU with the zener diode mod on it somewhere on the shelf
                              Do you still have this ECU dude, whats the process of installing it and setting up, is it straight forward.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X