This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
    Which one did you buy and where from? I may buy one for the the spring next year...
    You can use the link S2dude provides. Some of the guys on there are professional detailers and some of the work they do is truely awesome .

You want the Porter Cable 7424 dual action random orbital machine. Best to get a kit that includes a pad set, as the pad that comes with the machine isn't that good. (see link below)

I bought mine off a guy in the UK through ebay. He imports a few at a time, then sells here to save others having to import themselves.
    Nice honest guy, and I got mine in two days from date of purchase. Link for others to the ebay guy here.
    As I just said in that PM Steve, NOTHING you can do by hand matches what that machine can do. You also don't run the risk of burning your paint like a rotary will if used wrongly.

Jas..
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Cheers Anders, many hours spent getting rid of all the swirls, neighbours think I'm barking mad Still lovin those dark 18" Avus on yours dude

That looks bloody nice Jon
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• some picture of my car...

God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
        It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

• im still stuck trying to resore my bumper trims back to black.

my hairdryer isnt good enough... err.. i mean my mums hairdryer aint good enough!
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

• After a Meguires Session. Shame I dont have HID's!
            800x600S2.jpg
            '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

• [ATTACH]10956[/ATTACH]
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski
                im still stuck trying to resore my bumper trims back to black.

my hairdryer isnt good enough... err.. i mean my mums hairdryer aint good enough!
                Autoglym bumper care. One of the best products I have come across. You will need to treat it with a lot and really "feed" the plastic if you are back to grey. They will then need treatment every few weeks to stay black. Its the only way to do it and keep a nice natural finish IMO.

Cheers,

Steve.
                Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 12 September 2006, 14:48.
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• pics of my s2 avant

and my ur

Last edited by nip; 12 September 2006, 13:58.

Comment

• God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
                    It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

Which one did you buy and where from? I may buy one for the the spring next year...
                      You'll need a rotary to sort the holograms and fisheyes on yours , a pc ain't gonna cut it

Comment

• Oh yes
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice pic Jamo

Question, have two threads been merged into one? just got up (working nights) and either they have, or I was seriously tired this morning and posted twice in the same thread
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Jamo that is AWESOME photography mate..... :mischeif:

The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Jamo that is AWESOME photography mate..... :mischeif:

Would have looked better with a quick polish first

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight Rider S4
                                Nice car looks mint ..... how many miles on the clock?..i have now got on the RS4 wheels looks so much better on mine
                                Thanks 275.000km i believe. Kinda high, but you couldn't tell just by looking at it.
                                Only thing i've done with it it (maintenance wise) was replacing the rear calipers and now i have to change the viscouse coupling on one of the radiator fans.

Looking to remove the eyebrows though.
                                '92 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                                X