My New S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New S2 Avant

Old to many but it was advertised on here - http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54092 and at that price I thought it was going to be a "ruf un" but worth the risk of having a look..

Anyway a few chats later it was saved from the breakers and here it is.. All I have done in the last couple of weeks is just changed the headlights and front indicators.. the local chavs saw to the badges on the first day

For the price paid and the sacks full of paperwork with service history etc it truly is an outstanding car -scary when that throttle is floored as it suffers from the same issue as all other standard S2's "The brakes"..

I will take some more pics as I go along but at the moment I have no real plans for it so see how time progresse's.
    Last edited by poor-boy; 14 June 2013, 10:28.
    Life is a rollercoaster

Nice looking car and definately worth saving

Comment

Cheers.. it is a brilliant car and Ian looked after it well but it could do with front bushes doing. He had plenty of breakers after it but it has too much potential for it to end up in a crusher.
      Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Thank you for saving this car from the breaking vultures, hope you have many happy miles in it _

Comment

Another one saved, good man

It looks nice on those springs and wheels.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Really nice mate, think you got a good car there.

Comment

If that's the correct plate, it must be one of the very first Avants into the UK, if not, the first... Well done for saving it...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Glad another one is saved.

Hate to say it, even though it is one of the early ones it wont be one of the first few as the first 3 atleast ( I know as mine was second or third one in uk) didnt have the roof bars on them like mine, from factory. Im not sure at what point they got added but all the later ones have roof bars on unless removed by the owner.

Another thing I have noticed is nmost of the early ones are Emerald Green and then after that the most common colour seems to be silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
                  If that's the correct plate, it must be one of the very first Avants into the UK, if not, the first... Well done for saving it...
                  Ian, the plate is original and according to the service history it belonged to Capt Jeromy Shafto at Netheravon Airfield Camp and then taken back to Germany with him and then bought back into the UK when he arrived back here. The vehicle is dated as 04/06/1993 - Although believed to be standard running there is a doubt in my mind so I am after a boost gauge to see
                  Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Cheers all
                    Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

another member of the avant flock....

Comment

Excellent buy

...lucky i wasnt on that day

another one saved from the vultures
                        WTD - B3 coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                          another member of the avant flock....
                          I prefer the Avant over the coupe anyday
                          Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

You can see if it has been tampered with, if you take the ECU out and look for screwdriver marks on the bottom plate.

Of course taking the ECU out in the S2 is a bitch.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                              You can see if it has been tampered with, if you take the ECU out and look for screwdriver marks on the bottom plate.

Of course taking the ECU out in the S2 is a bitch.
                              I have thought about that but knowing my luck I would mess something else up and make the car useless..
                              Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Working...
                              X