Dan's Audi 90 2.3E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, yes very BLUE! lol.
    Hey that would be brilliant m8, keep me in mind for it! Will be after xmas before i have anymore money to spend on it anyway lol, Have managed to overdraw my student overdraft, for bits and bobs on this lol

Comment

Thats cool mate, I'll let you know when I break the car. It was due to die a couple of months ago but I'm going to keep using it this winter as I don't mind too much if it gets bumped, saves risking either my S2 or Golf GTi.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Lol just right, what golf gti do you have?

I may need the rear window de-mister switch, and front foglight switch, if they are the type i'm looking lol.

When i had the dash dismantled i replaced just about every bulb i could get at..... the rear fog light switch wasn't lighting up when the ignition was turned on, so on opening it, it had no bulb, odd, but put one in it, then went to do the other 2, they are different switches, bulb cant be replaced, but with the ignition on now, they light up a sort of pale amber, where as the switch i replaced the bulb in, lights up a very definite red! I prefer the definite red lol.

Speech i know lol

Comment

Nice work so far!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've had several MK II GTis over the years, but after Seven years without one I decided I had to have another one. Then the right car came along a few months ago, a Three door 1988 Oak Green 16 valve with original factory Black leather, 110K miles with FSH. It's tucked up in dry storage at the moment but will become my daily driver next spring. It's staying original with small bumpers, Red/Blck pipe stripes up the sides ect. Only mods will be FK coilovers, poly bushes, and 6A 2.0 block, I want it look like it did when it was new back in the 80's.

I've got bucket loads of switchs, I'll have a look to see if I have the ones your after tomorrow.

Comment

Aww lovely, really would like to see some pics of that!!
              I had 2 Mk2 1.3's, a GTD, and an 8v GTI years ago, They where the last of the good golfs imo!
              Hated the Mk3 altho it was only an 1.8GL, but still much prefered everything about the MK2, lovely handling...... i could go on, but i wont lol, would love another myself! What a lovely daily drive you will have!!

Comment

Yep, MK II Gti's are the best of the bunch IMO, I drive MK III, IV, V Golfs everyday at work, non of them are anywhere near as much fun as well sorted MK II. Pic's of mine will have to wait till spring.

Anyway enough thred drift about VW's. Have you found may other people who have converted K-jet cars to LPG?

Comment

Nice car the mileage is shocking, the engine should be pretty much alive. The modifications are going well, I like the way the car is changing its view

Comment

Lol, Not a lot here, there seem to be quite a few in new zealand/ australia (see i searched far and wide on this subject) but they tend to do a complete coversion, ie no more running on petrol... No use here as not enough LPG stations in the Uk.....
                    I ended up looking on merc forums, and other forums as a lot of older mercs where k-jet and varients of it.
                    Single point has been done often, but the power loss, i would find unacceptable with only 132 horses to begin with (and half of them asleep for some reason )
                    That and if it backfires which it has been known to do, bye bye fuel metering head!
                    There was a kit years ago that was standalone that worked fairly well (Tartarini etagas 1 or 2 can't remember off hand) but they are now NLA, and even to buy one second hand, spare parts are getting hard to find....
                    I't seems the only way round it is a standalone ecu like megasquirt or similar to provide the pulses for the LPG ecu to read all the new kits are just piggyback ecus anyway. but they do adjust for temp and pressure differences in the gas, where as an aftermarket ecu alone is not set up to cope with these variables along with ignition injection boost, knock control etc.. or so i'm led to believe..
                    Have spoken to a few guys that have done good jobs on older mercs like this, but paying them for labour and parts is way out of my price range, most others don't want to attempt it, say it is too complicated....
                    Think thats why i would like to do it lol
                    Dan.

Comment

Nicely documented progress.

Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by psychadelic View Post
                        Nice car the mileage is shocking, the engine should be pretty much alive. The modifications are going well, I like the way the car is changing its view
                        Thanks,

Yes you would think that, i have not heard a 5pot as quiet as this one, but then the lowest millage i have had on one of these before was 75,000, and that was nearly 12 years ago lol.
                        But it is the engine that is causing me the biggest headache, it is just not right!
                        Drives fine until you want to have fun with it, then its like its not fuelling right, loosing power, especially at W.O.T.
                        Think i have changed nearly every sensor, bar the lambda probe, now to get to the bottom of this, the plug leads and dizzy, rotor arm, all checked.
                        Have drained and flushed the fuel tank, which was clean anyway, fuel pump is fine, new fuel filter........
                        Only found out you can pull fault codes from this ecu, so will do that next when i get the chance, as just replacing parts has not worked, it is going to get the timing checked, but i don't think it is that...
                        Have been told to change the meteringhead but with that millage i'm just not prepared to accept that is the problem lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                          Nice work so far!
                          Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
                          Nicely documented progress.

Looking good.
                          Cheers folks!

Comment

Looks nice Dan. I had a 2.3 E 90 quattro. Same year as yours, with NG engine. Even when running correctly the engine was no match for the rest of the car.

What plugs are you using ? Have you checked the throttle position switches ? Lambda probe is suspect at that mileage....On the " correct" timing marks ( read the WS manual carefully ) mine used to pink even on 97 RON, and had to be backed off - to advantage.

Wish I still had it, swapped (+cash !!) to buy my S2. Two owners later ( both worked with me ) it was written off. I nearly hit the then owner. All those hours of TLC down to the scrappie....

Good luck with it...James.

Comment

Hmmmm Oh i would agree, the car could do with more power lol, but, no this is quite dead in comparison to my older 2.2KV. I'm Told these are every bit as good IF ya can get them running right lol!
                              I have new Bosch super 3's spark plugs.
                              Will have the timing checked by a local mechanic this weekend hopefully..
                              Only difference i have noticed with 97/98 ron fuel is slightly harder to start.....
                              But thanks, not giving up just yet on this one, if it had been any other car it would have been sold on by now lol, but i just really like these cars lol

Comment

split intake boot?

Comment

Working...
                                X