No announcement yet.

Dan's Audi 90 2.3E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly 1 year later, to the minute lol...

A huge 1505 miles done lol.........

Comment

That's not a lot of mileage in a year!
      96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
      96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

No it's not, times have changed, my first B3 90, i was doing that milage in a little over a week lol.....

Comment

After further investigation of the free Ripspeed speakers i had got from Halfrauds, i noticed this bit of rubber that was covering the magnet.............

In an attempt to remove it my finger slipped and bust the cone of one of them lol. :wall:
          Ah well they where free after all, lesson learnt, i attempted it again on the other speaker out of curiosity. It came off easy enough...... :nod:

Wondering to myself would it now fit? I removed the original tired Blaupunkt from the drivers side of the dash. Things where much better, the speaker now fitted, just about,

it caught the capacitor on the way back out and broke the solder joint lol...
          Anyway Using this speaker as a template, i trimmed 10mm*0.5mm piece of plastic out and the speaker fits like a glove. :smilewinkgrin:

Did the same for the other side, then went to Halfrauds, got a new pair for £10, and fitted them. :ihih:

Lee you where right! I too am impressed, they are surprissingly crisp and clear...... and some kick off them for 10cm speakers. (even with the sub turned off).

Comment

Click on pic for vid........

Angry sounding yoke lol

Comment

sounds good. 1 or 2 dampers?

Comment

Thanks m8!
                Still on the full original factory exhaust with cat removed.

Comment

A bit of an update.............

Got some new sound equipment.

The tweeters where to large to fit inside the original enclosures much to my disapointment so had to make some modifications.

Amp rack attempt to be carpeted in the near future...

Still room in the boot for 2 kingsmill loafs, 8 tins of baked beans and a bottle of wine! (room for the weeks shopping lol ) :ihih:

I don't think the tweeters look quite as offensive as i thought they would!?

Comment

Looks good to me! When are you going to start spending your money on engine, brake and suspension upgrades?
                    91 S2 coupé - RIP
                    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Have the G60 calipers here, need to get the alloys refurbished to get them on, i just cannot justify changing them just yet as the tyres on the 14" steel rims have to much life left in them. Suspension kit and poly bushes are next on the agenda
                      Engine...... will be the last thing sorted.
                      I have learnt the hard way over the years that being able to stop and go round corners is more important than being able to go fast lol

Comment

Got the car back today, Spoiler sprayed and fitted!
                        Makes the car imo! :ihih:

Will take better pics when the sky stops emptying lol (If it ever stops? :arf: )

Comment

8)

Comment

Looking really good What plans have you got wheels wise ??
                            Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                            VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                            VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                            Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Thanks m8!
                              Got a set of original Ronal Aero's although they need refurbished first, then a decent set of tyres, they are next on the list to be done.........

(The same wheels that are on this car below)

Comment

Looking very tidy, I think the Aero alloy suit the car perfectly. Re the spoiler, it's nice to see a part from an old car of mine living on
                                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X