Louie C's Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

Should meet on the Downs sometime (not like that ).

Now now Rusty
    For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

nice rims (y)

Comment

Hahaha maybe not up on the downs Dont think my girlfriend would be happy about that lol

Got a MOT due now, and then a few little things to sort inside the car, then awaiting FK to build up some coilovers because Im having trouble finding a company that actually makes a coilover kit for this model.
        Dont think I will be able to afford the new engine until next year unless I win the lottery!

I used to live in Shirehampton about 9 years ago, used to take my Audi to a little garage just in the centre of westbury-on-trym

Comment

Yaz on here does good deals on kw's
          acidburn has some of them lower trims you need and isn't too far away

The 1.8t route is what i'd go. You can pick up an earlier cable throttle passat for around 300's with everything there and make a bit back off the car so its practically a free conversion.

Comment

Thanks for the info
            When people say about a 1.8T conversion do they mean say 1.8T from say Golf's/Cupra/TT's etc, or is it also possible to use a S3 engine?
            Also what kind of reg passat is the early cable throttle model?

Funny this!... After picking my car up from the sprayers it wasn't until the evening that I noticed this....when turning on sidelights or fogs all right side indicators stayed on, right full beam headlight doesn't work, and bizarely, before my passengers side window control did not work but worked from the drivers side, but now it works on the passengers side, and on the drivers control down is up and up is down now???? WTF??

Now today the indicator problem has gone although my left rear is not working!! I notice water tends to get in the rear lights and the bootlid seal tends to fill with water when it rains a lot
            A worse leak where I have no idea where it comes from is the rear passengers side foot well? I noticed a few years ago the carpet was damp when it was off the road and parked in a drive for a few rainy months! Although now I am driving the car it doesn't seem that bad?

One other thing! My heater dials do not illuminate, I assume they are supposed to yes, is it easy to change the bulb?

"Didn't I meet you in some other hallucination?"

Comment

1.8T VW Passat

It really sounds like you have a ground problem, I'm pretty sure there is a ground point on the inside of the A pillar just below the dash level on the driver's side? It might be getting damp and corroded..

Water leaks, there's a sticky in the interior section http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55406

Heater control bulbs are easy, pull off the knobs, undo the 2 gold screws to release the panel.
              Last edited by newsh; 26 June 2012, 21:33. Reason: additional info

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

I agree, check the ground pins up above the bonnet pull handle. Check the rear light boards for corrosion also
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Spotted !

Seen you today Louie at the petrol station on Coronation Road.
                  Knew it was you because I had to put my shades on when I seen your wheels
                  I would have beeped you but I was in my firms transit at the time.

Looks even better in the flesh dude
                  Wish my paintwork was as good !
                  For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

That is SO wierd! As I was coming into Bristol on the Cumberland Basin I thought to myself 'Wonder if I get spotted by any Forum members! How strange lol
                    Thanks for the comments =) She's nearly there bodywise, oh and you mean these wheels =D (Excuse for me to upload some more pics taken today)

Comment

@ djh, the small thing you spotted on the pillars are actually small S2 Steering Wheel badges, now all chrome finish

Comment

Coupe

Keep that Coupe. Mind you, Im prone to getting attached to cars. That's why I have too many. How much do you see your car making
                        Austerity is for Toyota Owner's

Comment

Due to high mileage and it not being a S2 or quattro not a great deal and I couldn't bear to semi break her, think I'm gonna stick with her and finish the project but not spend loads, then maybe in the near future I will treat myself to a S car

Comment

Very nice! Wish my paintwork was anywhere near as good as this! Is it a 2.8 or 2.6? There are some nice DIY mods that will wake the old V6 up a bit - Properly transformed mine!

Comment

No it started as a measly 2.0E but has had new bumpers and a lot of body mods made. Soon to be a 1.8T Conversion

Comment

I want this number plate back on my car, DAMN you stupid DVLA regulations

Now looking forward to a S2 Avant project

Comment

Working...
                                X