Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Tommi Makinen Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bits Rocco.
    I think you are making a mistake converting to LHD. Car will be worth lots less in future nd its fun to drive on the wrong side of the car. I would prefer a LHD S2 or RS2 to RHD!
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Nice bits Rocco.
      I think you are making a mistake converting to LHD. Car will be worth lots less in future nd its fun to drive on the wrong side of the car. I would prefer a LHD S2 or RS2 to RHD!
      Agreed, did they not make any LHD ones identical to this model/special edition ?

Comment

• Yeah, it's pretty fun, anyway the lhd conversion is only for the black Makinen. Why? Because my wife want it like this ( is her car, we shouldn't forget it ) and she doesn't want me tuning or modifying it. The experiments with the red one she said.

About if they were LHD versions,yes of course! But only RS versions, ( less weight, mechanical diffs, worse interior, shorter geared.. ) basically for the rally teams.

LHD Makinen cars are by far much more expensive because the rarity of them.... Easily 40000€ for a red car.. Which is crazy

I'm more than happy and capable with RHD

I want to break the 500bhp barrier
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          It doesn't work like that the other way round as well

Comment

• New winter shoes

Nankang NS-2R 225/40/18ZR, 92Y
            Semi slicks with B class in wet conditions.
            I'll see for how long they hold

They've a very strong side wall

And are very well priced

Comment

• Interested to see how you get on with them, a lot of people are rating them.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• 500hp on this car will make it a straight liner more than anything.
                It will be crap to drive around corners.
                Mapped an Evo X today on dyno, 400hp, 500nm with torque at 2700-5600nm with just an exhaust on it. These older ones dont spool as early because you can not adjust the camshafts, but from what i've messed around with, the Evo 9 and Evo X stock turbos are hard to beat - very good spool and good top-end as well as very linear power delivery makes it great to drive around track/ice/gravel.

Also, your winter is a joke. You need some like this and a frozen lake :
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  Interested to see how you get on with them, a lot of people are rating them.

i will

today was 2º C degrees outside, i love the cold weather

Originally posted by prj View Post
                  500hp on this car will make it a straight liner more than anything.
                  It will be crap to drive around corners.
                  Mapped an Evo X today on dyno, 400hp, 500nm with torque at 2700-5600nm with just an exhaust on it. These older ones dont spool as early because you can not adjust the camshafts, but from what i've messed around with, the Evo 9 and Evo X stock turbos are hard to beat - very good spool and good top-end as well as very linear power delivery makes it great to drive around track/ice/gravel.

Also, your winter is a joke. You need some like this and a frozen lake :

yes,i know... 500bhp can be taken leaving the car with a 4 to 7500 rpm powerband

now is ok... 430bhp,but the current turbo is a 500Hp size...

have you tuned the original TME turbo? Because is the best OEM mitsu turbo... titanium wheel ,ultra fast spooling and i have seen +400bhp on a 2.0 long rod engine with 272 kelford camshafts....

Evo 9 80 series turbo is the biggest one, maybe 430/440bhp are possible

can you tune the stock TME ECU?

if yes, you can come and tune both cars ( i still have the Aquamist HFS3... , together with the TME turbo should give a very nice powerband )

take a look at this,sounds amazing

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=496026

Comment

• Day like today, 6th December, 2 years ago started the nightmare
                    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=61277&page=6

Luckily today I'm happy and safe

Comment

• And my birthday's present

Today tested them for first time and raining!

They are not noisy and seems to hold very good!

We'll see for how long works...

Comment

• precioso, the feeling on potency ¿delivery? compared to s2 with same cv?
                        Step 1: setup. <==
                        Step 2: potentiation.
                        Step 3: enjoy.

Comment

• Wheels look good
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                            have you tuned the original TME turbo? Because is the best OEM mitsu turbo... titanium wheel ,ultra fast spooling and i have seen +400bhp on a 2.0 long rod engine with 272 kelford camshafts....

Evo 9 80 series turbo is the biggest one, maybe 430/440bhp are possible
                            I think those numbers are overly optimistic. I also think the Evo 9 turbo is much stronger and more durable than the TME, doubt there's much difference in spoolup.

I typically see about 400hp out of the Evo 9 turbo on a car with the exhaust done, and after that the turbo is done. Modifying cams, head or anything else usually just results in less torque at low rpm and not any more power at high rpm, because everything is limited by the turbo flow. This is of course on standard 98 RON fuel. If you use more exotic fuels, WMI, you can get more power out of it.

can you tune the stock TME ECU?
                            Sure, nothing special about it.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• That's pretty much my current turbo...
                              http://www.indigo-gt.com/catalog/ind...9e1a3576599945

Have you tuned any TME turbo to say are weaker?

Would you put rods tuning up to 400bhp on the Evo engine?

Comment

• A good testing in the mourning at 2 degrees in the mountains , wet road and snow around.
                                Good combination with the semi slicks.

The car is faultless, drives very well, there's a big difference between this and the S2 at least in the continuous closed mountain curves

The worst are the " excursionist sundiers " walking or riding a bike in the roads

I had some public supporting me while I was doing noise in the mountains

Go,go, go!

Need to put the Ap brakes ASAP!

I've never had any closer attention with the S2 in 8 years like now I'm having with this car in 7 months, people literally droll while they see & hear it

Comment

Working...
                                X