Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@John B it wasn't in the rally rep.

Comment

Did said driver then proceed to keep accelerating to a speed that was totally pointless, having been beaten, and then drive like a complete prick while you laughed at their patheticness? Or did they draw alongside and flash the thumbs and a fat grin?
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

[QUOTE=chezz;695412]
        Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
        we arrived at a set of traffic lights, and there came alongside a Porsche Boxster S, now I'm not normally one for rising to the challenge/QUOTE]
        Sometimes, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" (John Wayne)
        I know a John Wayne who owns a ur Quattro .

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          This was when we were starting to stretch her legs about 1000 miles into running in...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GC3FKutCJ4s

She is slowly, loosening up beautifully...
          Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          Did said driver then proceed to keep accelerating to a speed that was totally pointless, having been beaten, and then drive like a complete prick while you laughed at their patheticness? Or did they draw alongside and flash the thumbs and a fat grin?
          Were you watching!

We made it up to quite a nice speed at the point where licence challenges may occur, backed out. Boxster man then undertook and kept powering off into the sunset.
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Just know the type :corey:
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

This all sounds like the typical Boxster driver to me. Karma does for them though. A few years back I was driving (my old little ZX Volcane turby derv) back home along rural country roads where driving beyond the speed limit is not a good idea. It was nice and quiet for the first few miles but with about 3 miles or so left, Boxster S man is suddenly on my tail from nowhere. Not even a mad man would attempt to overtake on this road at this point, so he happily sat about 3 yards from my rear for a couple of miles until a suitable (for him) point to overtake presented itself. He shot past and out of sight round the corner as poor little Volcane trundles up the hill. Anyhow, I get to the next corner about 500yards from home and as I enter the bend, I see rear end of Boxster S Man's car poking out the hedge. Trying not to chuckle, I pulled over as he was kicking the door open and attempting to appear from quite a bit of shrubbery. I shouted out and asked if he was ok and he replied yep. I just chuckled to him and said "you should have got a 911 and done it properly" and drove off. I reckon I was entering my house about the same time he emerged from the jungle with a large insurance claim on his mind.

Comment

Working...
              X