Very Scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Scary

I had an hour spare this evening and decided to add the receipts up on what I have spent on my car since I bought it in 2002 and I am very surprised how much I have actually spent.

When I got it i said I would keep it repiared etc regardless of cost which I have done. I have missed a few receipts off of this tonight which I had missed, but I am amazed at what i have spent, the total I have spent on parts is......

£9224

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

LOL. Did you really want to do that?
    I think i'd rather not know how much i've spent.
    SS

Comment

Well I kinda hoped it would shock me into spending a bit less money on it all the time, the problem is there is always something else to get or something I would like.

Greg
      Greg

Comment

does that include mapping?
        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Yeah, I think I've spent that much since getting Kitty about 20 months ago - but I haven't been counting that hard so it could be more! Definitely managed a ridiculous £2500 on gearbox repairs this year, but thanks to Jay for a decent replacement I should be running properly now (and ready to fit my Billzcat!)

Jeez, I wish I hadn't burned my fingers on the bound up rear brake disc - just about recovering now, and the brakes are sorted too...

__MDC__
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Nah doesnt include that or the cost of buying the car in the first place, realised I forgot the cost of the last set of tyres I bought too. What did you have to get done to the gearbox?

Greg
            Greg

Comment

I was going to do this in a spare moment over the coming holiday -get my "home service" record up to date, but having seen the figure you've just generated, I don't think I'll bother! I've spent a lot, probably not as much as that, but this year has been pretty costly.
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Just shows how costly ownership of a car really is, I wouldnt want to add the receipts up for Mark H or Doug either as im sure it will be more than what ive spent.

Greg
                Greg

Comment

Does that include petrol, insurance, tax, MOT and car-wash bills?!
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                    Does that include petrol, insurance, tax, MOT and car-wash bills?!

Audi 100 TDI :mischeif:

MRC remap; Green Injectors; Champion Sparks; Forge DV 006; Samco Intake pipes; K&N filter
                    Xenon 6500k; Pillar Boost gauge; Alpine CDA 9835R on Bose with Infinity Sub
                    Oettinger 8x18" with GS-D3 225/40ZR18; Bilstein with H&R Springs (-40mm)

www.autopamplona.com
                    www.mrctuning.com

Comment

Nope, if I was to add car insurance to it that would add about another £3500
                      Greg

Comment

You muppet, cant believe you did that! I dont want to do it. I know how much the engine rebuild cost me roughly. Thats bad enough. 2 x turbos aswell £1k each!!
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I did it to try shocl myself so i spend less money on it, but kinda got the attitude the same as mark that ive spent this much I might as well carry on
                          Greg

Comment

I've done over 10k on mine. The car has been ultra reliable so little has been spent on replacement parts. No servicing or other running costs included. I still have low power but at least my chassis is pretty sorted (after a few minor upgrades).

I always said it would be a £25k plus project to get over 500 brake and a sorted chasis so another 5 grand on minor chasis completion and interior improvements should leave £10k for engine work adn ancillary. Sounds about right so far.

Lee
                            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                              but kinda got the attitude the same as mark that ive spent this much I might as well carry on
                              LOL yeah that seems to work with me, but there is no way I will add it all up.....nope, no way, I just couldn't.

Just had to order another set of pistons to sort out my problem, but have almost managed to raise enough for them by selling parts, which kind of takes the pain away...................not
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                              X