No announcement yet.

Very Scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Greg your really putting me off long term ownership of the S2!

Comment

Is that body parts Mark??
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Over £3000 this year so far and I haven't modified it!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
          LOL yeah that seems to work with me, but there is no way I will add it all up.....nope, no way, I just couldn't.

Just had to order another set of pistons to sort out my problem, but have almost managed to raise enough for them by selling parts, which kind of takes the pain away...................not
          Is that the noise the pistons are for mark? what is the problem- bad machining or piston probs???

I spent £15000 on my last S2 (not inc buying) and think the new one will cost that again even with the sale of the last + parts!!

Comment

Greg - that includes an engine rebuild - that is where alot of money goes - you should have gone a bit further and got the uprated rods in there at the same time.

I reckon I would be double what you have spent Greg - but that is over 3 years.
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Yeah this is true, Had i known about the forum properly then I would have done the rods too but it was a cost I could have done without when i first got the car really
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Ive spent just over £4k on mine in just over 2 years, considering what ive done i dont think thats too bad. But i think if you have spent loads on upgrades etc the value of your car will have risen too, which is no way near as bad as spending thousands and still ending up with a standard car which is worth less than you paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  Is that the noise the pistons are for mark? what is the problem- bad machining or piston probs???

It is a machining issue, Doug is running the same pistons from the same production run and has no slap. I have ordered another set of JE's with a few differences to spec.
                  This time I will measure the pistons myself and work out the correct bore size have it bored/honed to that, at least then if it goes wrong I can't whinge about it.
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
                    It is a machining issue, Doug is running the same pistons from the same production run and has no slap. I have ordered another set of JE's with a few differences to spec.
                    This time I will measure the pistons myself and work out the correct bore size have it bored/honed to that, at least then if it goes wrong I can't whinge about it.
                    Are the specs for machining J E's pistons his or audis? if the piston material/ design differ there could be an issue (high silicon don't expand much etc)

Also you need to spec the honeing finish again get direction of JE if possible (pick a road spec not race if you want any ring life and no blow-by, run it in properly e.g no extended bursts of high speed (temps rocket), keep moving the throttle open and closed so you push the rings out on acceloration then draw up oil to cool/lubricate on a closed throttle- cause a vac in the combustion chamber and reseat the rings)

Jay

Comment

http://www.irry.com/neo/spec.htm

106 566.79SEK is 8218.3GBP so you're a bit ahead of me. =) Though the lastest stuffs ain't added and theres more to come.

Originally posted by Greg_S
                      I had an hour spare this evening and decided to add the receipts up on what I have spent on my car since I bought it in 2002 and I am very surprised how much I have actually spent.

When I got it i said I would keep it repiared etc regardless of cost which I have done. I have missed a few receipts off of this tonight which I had missed, but I am amazed at what i have spent, the total I have spent on parts is......

£9224

Greg
                      /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
                      www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
                      #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

what have you just bought for yours?

Greg
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Mostly small stuffs like sparkplugs and so. Though I see now that the latest paintjob ain't in the list. Seems like I have to update. =)

Edit: Updated the list... 118 862.30SEK = 9166.52GBP

Originally posted by Greg_S
                          what have you just bought for yours?

Greg
                          Last edited by NEO; 13 December 2004, 22:59.

Comment

I reckon I'm in about 10k too, including the car.

Denial is a river in Africa, right?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Including the car? =) well... Then I'm up to:

266662.30SEK = 20564.68GBP

Total madness... But there's no turning back. =/

Originally posted by newsh
                              I reckon I'm in about 10k too, including the car, of course denial is a river in Africa, right?

Comment

Inc car I am over £20k. Inc servicing and tyres / brake consumables I must be close to £24k.
                                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                                X