Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low mileage Audi S2 3B, love and hate relationship

Hi guys,

I was telling my self many times to present the car on the forum but never did. So I will do it now.
    This is a 1991 Audi S2 3B Coupe, which is my second Audi S2, I also have another ABY.
    I bought the car on ebay.de in 2010 and it had 109.400 km and I didn't know what to expect because the low mileage is questionable for a car so old.

After seeing the car in person, also the service book, I trusted that the car really had that mileage.
    I brought the car in Romania and took it for a spin and some pictures.
    The car had a coilover H&R suspension which wasn't on my liking because it was too hard and the roads in Romania are bumpy.So I've decided to change it.
    Also the car had RS2 front brakes and 18" OZ alloys.

I drove the car for 3 months (in which I also lost my driving license for speeding ) and then I had to put her to sleep because in Romania if you want to registrate a car from another country you have to pay a polution tax, and it was 7000 EURO. This tax changes anually so I've decided (and hoped) that next year will be cheaper.

Some time later I've bought another H&R suspension which wasn't coilover and unfortunatelly I had to buy also new struts as the struts from the car were H&R from the last suspension.

Also changed the steering oil, filter, engine oil, spark plugs, new front wishbones, and some other stuff. Also respraied some parts of the car that had scratches.

In 2011 I've decided to sell the car because the polution tax wasn't getting any lower so I've tested the market, put it on ebay.de for a fix price of 11.000 EURO, but nobody bid on her. Than I put it with reserve price of 10.000 Euro and 1 Euro starting price. The final bid was 9500 Euro but I didn't sell it at that price.
    You can also see a new gearknob, ordered from Audi but I didn't quite like it.

2012 came and I was doing some things to the other S2, I bought another H&R suspension for the other S2 from ebay.co.uk. The seller is a guy from here, xgordyx if I recall. I bought the suspension at a good price so I've asked him if he deosn't have anything else for sale at such good prices.
    Boy he did!!!!

I had many joys with the S2 in 2012 but also many downfalls.
    In 2012 I've changed every oil from the car, gearbox, diff, the cooling fluid, brake fluid, everything. I've also changed the time belt, water pump etc, bought a new climate compressor, and finally made the AC work!!!
    I was struggling to make the AC work since I've bought the car because it has a different nozzle and I didn't find any shop that could insert "freon?" into the AC system. Finally I found a shop but the compressor was broken

I had some oil leaks on the engine, but nothing serious beause it wasn't dropping on the ground.
    Also it was a good year for me because I've opened a lawsuit againt the Romanian State to let me registrate the car without paying the polution tax and I've won the lawsuite and I've registered the car.

Then distasters came.

The distributor brake. I bought a new one.
    The gearbox broke down. I bought one from bilkon on the forum thanks mate!
    I've decided to ask the mechanic to also change the cylinder head gasket because that was the problem with the oil leaks. So he had to take down the cam cover, so he took it off and disaster, the belt was very damaged because of a broken part in the distribution system (there is a thread started about this issue but I don't know the name of that broken part at this moment).

Eveyrthing is in the past now, and I am preparing for Worthersee. Pasbogdan is coming to me as we speak with my other S2, which is 99% finised so double joy for me, I got my project car home and I'm going to Worthersee as well , TODAY

I will post some pictures later today with how the car will look for it's first trip to Worthersee!!!

Also I will update the thread with more pictures in the future as I found them in my computer..

Wow great car. Very clean.

Best of luck with it.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Looks great. well done.

Comment

Very nice example of a 3B S2. If you PM me a photo of the VIN build tag (from the warranty book) and the 3B engine number (on the head?), I will return a nice WORD doc to you with all the codes broken down and a check of the likelihood the engine is original to the car.

Dave F.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Wow that's a lovely 3B! Very nice!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Great car.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

Thanks guys!

A nice picture from Worthersee. I've freshen up the front of the car, new glass and mirror for the headlights (I don't like ellipsoidal) , new foglights, new turn signals, new grills in the bottom of the front bumper

Comment

Bravo

Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Absolutely stunning it looks in great condition nice alloys and sits at a nice height

Comment

nice one

Comment

Went today on a trip, a guy with 2011 or newer 7 series got on my nerves, flashing me from behind, I've let him pass than I followed him and showed him my old girl goes faster than his boat...
                      Forgive the vertical video, my girlfriend was filming... Or at least she could have filmed the 7 series in the mirrow...

I don't know why the video doesn't work, maybe it will work later.
                      You can see the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs47jhUpGng

Comment

I did 1400 km this week with the car, here is some cruising through my beautiful country...

http://youtu.be/w3F9oc1pj54

Comment

Nice...

I was driving along the same valley at Easter this year. Not in the S2 though.

sent via Tapatalk
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

The car is for sale now...

Comment

Thanks to Bart for the great condition parts for suspension and brakes,the car will get now the winter running gear
                              Will miss the high speed cornering,braking easy,absolute silence at speeds over 20km/h but i will not miss driving in town with that
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X