No announcement yet.

Audi 80 Avant Quattro 1.9 TDI project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got RS2 emblem for my S-line steering wheel. Too bad the condition of it isnt perfect, but oh well. Atleast its something.

Comment

Cleaned the engine room. Looks like new.
      here you can compare it:
      Unclean/Clean

+ besides that, here's a video with launch control test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfBX...ature=youtu.be

Comment

good job man !
        S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

what engine code is the diesel engine ?

Comment

AFN with EDC-15 ECU.

Comment

Installed white dashboard rings.

+ tinted rear windows. 90% tint. I love it.

Comment

Top job, I really like what you've done with that.

Comment

Steering wheel emblem is making me jealous. Where did you find it?

You should put TDI emblem above quattro emblem. Once I put those emblems on my fwd petrol B4 sedan and everyone went crazy

Pic of them (click for large pic):

Comment

Nah. Actually i'm thinking of removing that quattro emblem from rear. Anyway - I got my rs2 steering wheel emblem from a friend of mine, who just had it on his recently bought car. He didnt needed so I took it. Hah, great deal.

Comment

Did you use the original petrol tank, or exhanged it for a diesel one?
                      I thought they were different.

Comment

If cops stop you what are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by LucheS2@20v View Post
                          If cops stop you what are you doing?
                          ???

Comment

There's no such thing as B4 TDI quattro tank as TDI was FWD only. B5 tank doesn't fit (issues with neck alignment). Petrol tank has a "restrictor" that prevents putting a diesel pistol in it (diesel pistols are larger diameter) but you can rip it out or mess with funnel everytime you fill it up.

I guess by mentioning police, he was thinking about window tint. There's no limit on rear window tint here in Latvia, it's legal to tint them even 100%

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                              There's no such thing as B4 TDI quattro tank as TDI was FWD only. B5 tank doesn't fit (issues with neck alignment). Petrol tank has a "restrictor" that prevents putting a diesel pistol in it (diesel pistols are larger diameter) but you can rip it out or mess with funnel everytime you fill it up.

I guess by mentioning police, he was thinking about window tint. There's no limit on rear window tint here in Latvia, it's legal to tint them even 100%
                              You are right, i know. What i need to know is if i can use my quattro petrol tank (that came from an Audi 80 Quattro B4) as a diesel one. What are the changes that i have to make? Is it only the "restrictor" that i have to be careful with???

I´m also converting my B4 audi 80 avant Tdi to Quattro, and i found a quattro tank that came from a B4 petrol.

Comment

You not only can, but must use it as there are no other options.
                                Only thing besides restrictor you'll have to figure out is how to combine quattro tank fuel level sender with diesel pickup tube because TDI has no fuel pump in tank. I have no experience with that but don't think it will be a problem.
                                One of my friends who has 2.5TDI converted B4q used existing 2.3 tank with fuel pump but he had some engine modifications and required additional fuel pump because injection pump was unable to pick up enough fuel by itself.
                                Another friend with modified 1.9TDI is using low power pickup pump (from Dacia IIRC) located in engine bay for the same reason. Stock engine should be ok without additional pump.

Comment

Working...
                                X