No announcement yet.

2.6 v6 avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I acquired some 17's for winter use. Not sure if I like them or not but will get them fitted soon to see for deffo.

Comment

17's now fitted

Comment

so I now have a heated S2 leather interior courtesy of AndyGplym, not a bad price all in all. Seats need a re dye though which I have started to do. Also had hassles fitting the door cards as my car had the early door cards so fittings, switches etc are different. nearly complete now though. just waiting on a few bits

I was no fan of the wood door trims I acquired from another very kind S2 forum member (Newsh). As nice as some wood is in a car I don't think the 80 is prestige enough for wood. Wood only seems right in a jag or the like.

Genuine S2 avant carbon fibre trims seem to sell for well over £100, no way I am going to pay that on a car that still stands me at sub £1000 all in.

Therefore I bought some 3M carbon fibre film and carbon wrapped the four door trims, looks so much better and was so easy to do. Cant complain for less than £7 and 30 mins of my time. no bubbles either due to the thickness of the vinyl.

Comment

Carbon fibre looks cool , good job , the seats look sound as well , is the seat dying straight forward ? , I need to do my A6 seats , is it a kit you can buy
          Thanks
          sigpic
          Cab 2.3E
          90q
          URS6

Comment

Well in the past I've done a few BMW interiors and used leather dye from gliptone. Was very easy. However this time due to funds I bought some cheaper dye and to be honest it's been a nightmare. I need to get some decent stuff and start again as I'm less than happy with it.

Comment

Looks like a nice Avant mate
              Any idea's which route you're going to take with getting more power under the bonnet?

Has anyone ever carried out supercharger conversion to a 12v v6 before?

Cheers

Comment

It deffo needs some more power, mind you my other car is a m3 evo so I guess the Audi would feel gutless. Waiting for a m62 eaton charger at a good price

Comment

Working...
                X