No announcement yet.

just got my first Audi. F plate Couple Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finally getting on with the car today. At long last haha.

I'm in the middle of getting the engine and box out. It's a bit slow going on my own with no engine lift lol.

Will put some more pics up soon.

Also if a mod looks in could they change my thread title please

Jason.

Comment

Also, is it right that the car has no rear arb? Is it meant to be this way?

Comment

Hi,

I can confirm that the 10v B3 coupe quattro's never had an anti roll bar at the rear, it was only fitted to the 20v models with the 5 cyl engine and S2's (same applies for the audi 90 10v models) I should know as have owned plently of each over the years.

Regards, Dave.

Comment

Cheers, I was just expecting it to have a one. Is it straight forward to fit one?

Jason

Comment

Are there tabs on the struts? And mounts for the brackets on the subframe? I think early models tied the anti rolls bars to the control arms too, so plenty of options for retro fitting one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

I can't see any tabs on the subframe, do the fit along the back of the subframe? Think I'd have to weld on some brackets

Jason

Comment

Yeh its basically the mirror of the front setup, if the "grooves" are there for the bushes and no holes, you could drill them and buy the brackets and bushes. I think you will have the early style control arms where the drop links are sandwiched into the arms with bushes.
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

I think I have it figured out in my head but ill get a picture of it at the weekend

Jason.

Comment

Hard work on your own with no engine lift but its out at last!

Back will be sore tomorrow no doubt

Jase

Comment

Well done for getting it out on your own!

Looks like a KV engine you got there, is it? What are you doing with it?

Comment

Where is the engine code on the engine and I will have a look.

There is a guy who may want the engine if not its free to anyone who wants to come pick it up.

Jason

Comment

Just behind the power steering pump below the head gasket.

Comment

KV is correct good spot

Comment

Had a decent day on it today.

I got all the bottles and the abs pump etc removed from the bay. Gave it a good jet wash to remove the worst of the grime. I got the looms pulled back and unplugged (engine loom won't be going back in but I need the connectors to convert the vr6 loom) and the lights loom needs a clean up and anything removing from it that isn't going back. I got the abs controller and associated wiring took out. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it took me ages under the dash to unplug the looms etc.

I also made a start on removing the battery tray and pas pump bracket. But they will have to wait until I get some more time. I am working out of the uk for a month or so from tomorrow

Jase
                              Last edited by Jaswan; 20 May 2014, 19:11.

Comment

Excuse the mess but I've had these seats sat in my garage for ages too. I might look at fitting them if I don't get some buckets in time.

Jase

Comment

Working...
                                X