My 2.0l 16v coupe tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
    Don't want to be negative but the right side of the rear bumper ain't attached properly

Haha I know!

Just one of then jobs I'll do one day

Comment

I really like this! Sits nicely at the back, like others have said another 10mm at the front to dial in some rake and that's a very nice stance indeed!

Can I say 'stance' on here...? Haha!

Love the alloys too. What width are they? And what coilovers are you on?

Just bought a nice red 16v myself and I've got plans a plenty. Good to see cars like yours to see what can be achieved.

Lovely car.

Comment

It does look great, same colour as mine too
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Ringmaster View Post
          I really like this! Sits nicely at the back, like others have said another 10mm at the front to dial in some rake and that's a very nice stance indeed!

Can I say 'stance' on here...? Haha!

Love the alloys too. What width are they? And what coilovers are you on?

Just bought a nice red 16v myself and I've got plans a plenty. Good to see cars like yours to see what can be achieved.

Lovely car.
          Well I'm tryin to work out how I can get the front a bit lower

The speedlines are 18" et 45(I think) and 7.5j all round

Coilovers are TA technics off eBay! £500!

Yer well I lik to be different and try things and I think I'm doin pretty well

Still a lot to do to tidy it up!
          My roof lining is next! It's sagging and really getting on my wick

Comment

You could get custom springs made for your coilovers. Try coilsprings.co.uk.

How do you find the coilovers in general? Ride quality? Knocks? Any problems?

I've been offered some Azev A 17 8.5 et20. I'm thinking with some 205 45 17s and a healthy drop they might do the job. Although I really want 18s!!!

Comment

You could get custom springs made for your coilovers. Try coilsprings.co.uk.

How do you find the coilovers in general? Ride quality? Knocks? Any problems?

I've been offered some Azev A 17 8.5 et20. I'm thinking with some 205 45 17s and a healthy drop they might do the job. Although I really want 18s!!!

Gonna see what we can do first!
              But might be a good shout!

Hmmm well I've had them on all my cars so I'm used to them!

There not that bad! If the roads good there fine, if the road is crap
              It's bouncy! Lol

Never had any problems with them! And only knocks when u hit a big pot hole!

Ahh cool! Wel yer they should go on! Say my adaptors are 30mm

And the schmidts where 7.5j fronts and 9j rears, no idea on et tho!

Yer I almost went got 17" but went for 18" and fell in love

Cost me over £1000 to get them on refurbed and all that tho!

Oh well!

Comment

Money well spent though pal. Never really fancied grey or silver for the coupe but for some reason your car just works. Wheels make it quite OEM looking and don't look out of place, even if they're considered a little modern by the purists!

Keep the updates rolling - most of the stuff you've done like the wiper delete is stuff I've had in mind for mine, so I'll keep an eye on your developments

Just got to get this issue with the metering head fixed (bloody motronic!) and then I'll be looking at shiny bits..

Comment

Money well spent though pal. Never really fancied grey or silver for the coupe but for some reason your car just works. Wheels make it quite OEM looking and don't look out of place, even if they're considered a little modern by the purists!

Keep the updates rolling - most of the stuff you've done like the wiper delete is stuff I've had in mind for mine, so I'll keep an eye on your developments

Just got to get this issue with the metering head fixed (bloody motronic!) and then I'll be looking at shiny bits..

Thanx buddy,

Yer I chose the wheels for the reason that there audi wheels, cool and kinda
                  OEM!
                  And hey work!

My mates got some fat5's I'm gonna try on soon for fun!

Yer the rear wiper delete was my fav mod!
                  Makes the rear end so much cleaner and smother!

Still it a few plans as a car is never finished!

But just hope I can keep it looking nice

Everyone likes shiney stuff :-D

Comment

Ahh yeah fat fives! Had those in mind myself! I'm still not 100% on any wheel, just know I want 18s with some good dish. So will have to be 4x108 or 4x100 redrilled - I'll lose any chance of dish if I go for a 5x whatever wheel as the adaptor would mean I'd have to have a high offset.

I'll start my own build thread once it's alive and back from the garage rather than hijack yours! Haha!

All good helpful info though. One quick question - how much clearance do you have between wheel/tyre and adjuster/strut running these coilies?

Comment

Ahh yeah fat fives! Had those in mind myself! I'm still not 100% on any wheel, just know I want 18s with some good dish. So will have to be 4x108 or 4x100 redrilled - I'll lose any chance of dish if I go for a 5x whatever wheel as the adaptor would mean I'd have to have a high offset.

I'll start my own build thread once it's alive and back from the garage rather than hijack yours! Haha!

All good helpful info though. One quick question - how much clearance do you have between wheel/tyre and adjuster/strut running these coilies?

You will struggle to find nice wheels 17"-18" in 4x100 or 4x108 hence I
                      Had to get adaptors!!

Cos there was nuffing about

Loads of clearance!

Nothing hits or rubs

Comment

Yeah that's why these Azevs I've been offered are tempting.. 4x108 and a nice low offset.. Need to convince myself I'd be happy with 17s though!!

Comment

Yeah that's why these Azevs I've been offered are tempting.. 4x108 and a nice low offset.. Need to convince myself I'd be happy with 17s though!!

Ahhhh I c, well up to you, can always get them untill u get 18"! Nice stop gap

Comment

True, might even be happy with them in the end if I get the arches close enough to them ;-)

Comment

True, might even be happy with them in the end if I get the arches close enough to them ;-)

Haha well I'm bottomed out on the front and it still needs to come down more!
                              And I have about 1" on the rear to come down but obv don't need to!

Comment

I'd say cut off a coil and adjust from there, but that's all a bit dodgy! Gotta be custom springs - get em 15mm shorter to allow adjustment on the threads and you're sorted!

Comment

Working...
                                X