No announcement yet.

My 2.0l 16v coupe tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't cut front springs. It works at the rear, but front ones has bent ends.

Comment

Oh of never cut springs,
      Defo a big no no!

Have so see what I can do but if not maybe look at custom springs,

Who knows

Comment

Bent ends? I'd hazard a guess the Ta-Technix springs aren't elaborate - flat, bent, whatever. But yeah, chopping is bad news!

What about top mounts? I've just sold a mk4 project and one popular mod was fitting those off a Polo - gave an extra 10mm drop. Maybe something similar out there that works for the Coupe..

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
          You can't cut front springs. It works at the rear, but front ones has bent ends.
          Sorry, this was about non-coilover springs, forgot you have coilovers
          Anyways you can check parts catalogs by the fact - inner and outer as well as coil diameters from another cars. Can help out sometimes as I know Opel Astra and VW MK1 shocks on the front fits for this purpose.

Comment

Well these are the coilovers..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360503285983

Comment

Yeah I get your drift. If it was me I'd get custom springs. If I get the kit smurf has I'll send off the fronts for a shorter version then get it all fitted safe in the knowledge there's full adjustability and it'd go as low as I need!

Comment

As it's my only car I can't take off the springs and send them off lol

Comment

Coilsprings.co.uk

Do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringmaster View Post
                    Coilsprings.co.uk

Do it!!!

Just tryed to email them but email address don't work lol

Comment

Very nice, the oem grille is better, but would be better again with the chrome trim around the edge blacked out.

If you do go any lower, it'll over do it imho. And go from Stanced to Chav !

Have you fitted any sort of a sump guard ? Might give you peace of mind.

Comment

Got a couple of rolling shots from way up to gti inters

Comment

Looking good that!
                          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Lovely!! I'd be proud of that!

Comment

Smurf - if and when you get the chance could you double check the et of your speedines? Earlier in the thread you said they were 54, then recently you said 45...

Just in the process of sizing up rims / adaptors etc and I want to get it right! If I can get close to your stance I'll be happy. The adaptors, they're 30mm? You got any info on where you acquired them?

Cheers

Comment

Well,i readed from 1st page,and the car looks very nice.Keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                                X