No announcement yet.

My Audi S2 let the work begin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear your plans Anthony. One of the nicest S2s i've seen in person.

Good to see your not scrimping on the underside, looks like you have a good plan. Keep us updated with photos when you can.
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Chaps I need some urgent help!! Both subframes are off now and all new stuff ordered but I need the following its for the rear subframe and its rear mounting bush part number is a857199015b Can anyone please help??? Beers at the ready for a big thankyou cheers

Comment

Would the part number be 857199415B?
        It seems to have been dropped in March 2014
        I cannot find a857199015b

would you consider
        http://www.superflex.co.uk/proddetai...SF080-1797RKSS
        Attached Files
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Cheers Eric looks like the only option cheers for input mate not many options here!!!

Comment

I went for a powerflex rear bush mounting, no noticeable harshness on gear change or when you set off, I imagine you may notice problems if you have worn engine, box, diff, subframe or snub mounts
            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Audi Tradition for these

https://trshop.audi.com/konakart/Qui...857199&x=5&y=9
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

A few photos of some of the work done this week and condition of old front subframe and new one
                Attached Files

Comment

Front one getting put into place now:

Loads of work getting done with the new rear subframes this week and will be waiting for the new bushes coming from Germany
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Anthony. Sure to be a night and day difference handling wise with the new bushes in.

Wish I'd seen this thread when I was home 2 weeks ago. Was it the rear Diff mount bush you needed? I have a spare Superflex one kicking about somewhere.

Stuart
                    B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Cheers Stu it was 2 small rear bushes I needed but I have got them through Audi Tradition in the end through Newcastle Audi which is a bloody long story!! When it comes to older Audi's nee body has a damn clue what your talking about!! I spoke to someone at Audi UK and they asked what was Audi Tradition!!!?

Comment

Ok chaps collected my S2 this evening new subframes on front and rear with new bushes all round and welding work and new plate under the boot passed its MOT yesterday and drives superb I will post some more photos up in the next few days unfortunately my laptop decided to pack up so will take a while but I can't believe the difference very happy with what my garage has done

Comment

I bet it feels tight as a drum now....already for the respray

its no surprise that they've never heard of Tradition....they seem to only know, and care, about modern audi's...heathens!

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                            I bet it feels tight as a drum now....already for the respray

its no surprise that they've never heard of Tradition....they seem to only know, and care, about modern audi's...heathens!
                            Yeah the difference is unreal picked it up on Friday took it easy coming home getting use to the handling again then took it for a proper blast on Saturday and by god it felt good! As for the respray might be early next year just waiting for this bill to come through guessing around £1400 for all works buy hey ho its a well sorted example underneath and on the surface now

Comment

Photos will be uploaded shortly once I get the camera back however my bill came in today and was a staggering £2730!!!! So respray will be next year for definite lol!!! Wor lass said I now have no right to moan or complain when she spends £100 on a purse or £250 on a bag! she may have a point!!!

Comment

Ouch indeed but that will be another 10yrs motoring in the old S2. Good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X