Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projekt Alpinweiss - A few Pics

A few pictures of the old girl.

Black plastic could have done with a little gel but other than that, she's celebrating her 20th birthday!
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Lovely is she still stripped out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Lovely is she still stripped out?
      No, not since Nov 2012 - you can see the rear seats in the pic

It was my daily for 8 months, so I fitted it all back in along with a new alarm, non AC heater box and a load of tidying up on the wiring etc. Also solved the leaks on the doors / seals and fitted replacement sound deadening... Was a week of hard work.

I think if it was all stripped out with the RS2 setup on it, it'd be rather rapid. 100Kg less tends to do that.
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Looks awesome
        Are you going to ADI Andy?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yep, that looks the business in White with Black wheels. Don't normally like black wheels but against that brilliant white, I am prepared to make an exception.

Comment

They're a really dark grey rather than black

Yes, ADI is in the diary. Got to get the offset front subframe bushes on, the V2 offset topmounts and then get it all tracked up. A048Rs are on the OZs and the brakes have new fluid and bleed nipples too. Only other thing I might do is modify the difflock switch to disable the ABS and then fit a brake bias valve but that's not really something I want to do until I do an open pitlane track day, as ADI's stupid sessions allow for no option to pop in to the pits, make a change and go back out. TBH, if it wasn't the Audi day, there's 0% chance I'd consider doing a track day that's organised with the only aim of making money. Remember the S2 Forum session last year? What was it, 5 laps for £40 each?

Other than that, it's just a spanner check and brake pad check, then she's good to go.

Engine is with Aelred, so when he has time, that will get started.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Yer the session I went out with Sonic was outlap + 4 laps
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Beauty!

Comment

Looks great. I really like the BBS, I knew i should have painted mine a bit darker!
                  96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                  96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

The BBSs look so much better on your car than my tired old Avant Glad to see you've got them on now

Comment

looking good Sir Casey - what springs you riding on at the moment, she has a nice stance on them
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Lookin good

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

She is looking very smart, I like the new wheels!
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

She's looking great Andy! The wheels look sweet in that grey colour but not so fond of the black badges personally otherwise
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Cheers Jack, I'm pleased with them, just took a while to sort the stud conversion. Will get them balanced up when I put the track wheels on and then just need to see how the summer rubber cooes in the winter! May swap to Uniroyals, as they're excellent on the family Clios and seem to be impervious to wet weather, although the sidewalls are soft.

Plain old Coupe HnRs on there, hence why the bum looks low. The V2 top mounts will drop the front 5+mm, so should be perfic. I may offer some raised rear mounts for the coupe to address exactly this problem.

Black badges were as a result of the terrible state of the originals, so are a big improvement on those If I get some parts from Audi Tradition, I'll get some proper badges...

Only thing I'd like now is an RS2 style grille.
                              Last edited by Rusty; 23 August 2014, 11:30.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X