• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad she's running!
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Hope she runs well at next meet!
      Now you can kick ***!!!
      A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Well, managed a total of about 5 miles until it broke down again
        joy!!
        i now think the hall sender is up the spout, so my next question is....
        can they be changed or does the whole distributor need changing?

we'll get there in the end

Comment

Not sure if internals can be replaced on 100, I know fiat internals are replaceable. Hasn't or can't an ignition pack be modified to replace the distributor? Ask Mihnea, I am sure he should be able to answer that one!
          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Of course he can replace the ignition with coil packs but he'll still need a hall sensor of some sort (called cam position sensor in the ABY engines) and he will also need to upgrade the whole wiring loom and the ECU to ABY/AAN/ADU...

HTH,

Mihnea
            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

It would be great to convert it to use coil packs but to be honest, dont want to have to swap looms over etc plus the cost of aby/aan ecu, doesnt really need power raising as its well quick as it is, mtm control unit 'only' running 1.2 bar but it will wipe the floor with the s2 upto 80-90mph ...and thats running RS2 turbo etc etc 1.6 bar at moment, put this down to the older 'open diff' type g/box which is a lot shorter geared...its a mental car alright
              just want to know if hall sender can be swapped (same as 3b's)
              couldnt get rotor arm off!!

Comment

Rotor arm is "GLUED ON" from the factory for some reason unknown!
                When I did Beeties head he needed a new rotor and I had to grind the old one off with my die grinder and break it up into pieces to remove it!
                Wasn't too bad a job off the car but would hate to do one on it!

Comment

Got it running again a few weeks ago now, it was the dizzy causing problems(hall sender?) anyway goes as well as ever.Got one of those metal dizzy gears from that bloke on ebay, not the highest quality item ive seen(had to file out the hole to make the pin fit), but it does the trick..Just waiting for some track days now,see if we can warp another head.
                  Last edited by spink; 18 January 2004, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
                  X