No announcement yet.

1996 Audi S6 Saloon aka The Tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as promised . ..(and before anyone mentions it, yes i know that they are A6 seats! )

also got 4 new tyres fitted today in anticipation of the kielder run on the 14th!!

Last edited by geneandbolly; 3 March 2015, 17:59.
    1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Those seats are not that bad mate Interior looks nice though, and those new bulbs make hell of a difference
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

the seats are really comfortable on my poor old back, janis they may not look great but you don't notice when you're sitting there and not thinking about back pain for a change!

as for the dash bulbs, yes they made a huge difference and i'm chuffed to bits with the results.

it's slowly getting there . ..

next, compression check and turbo under the microscope to find out what's causing the increased oil consumption and resulting pong from the tailpipe!

Comment

Hope you manage to fit the dark seats, they were comfortable too
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

i'll need those front seat brackets, like you mentioned, janis. spink doesn't have any . .

Comment

Tried ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-C4...item20f6fbd973
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-2-...item25a0e92fda
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Great to see this UrS6 thread.

My tuppence. Blunt to made my post briefer.

1. Do not even contemplate thinking of changing the colour away from the original factory colour. Will devalue the car no end. (Would need to be a engine / interior / glass out all running gear out to do it right, so not worth it). Such money would be huge as your'e not gonna be doing yourself, the much spent on other more essential items. Leaves more time to drive and enjoy it and the money will allow you to be abel to afford to drive it whenever you want.

While for various reasons, money, time, ability, it is not always possible to drive our S cars as a daily, if you can though it is great, as opposed to driving a nondescript dog everyday, and only being able to drive the S2 at weekends or for a few months between bouts of months / years off the road for the next epic stage of refurbishment / cost.

2. I know you've just bought tyres, I should have posted sooner, 225/50/16 is the ideal size for a 16" Avus rim, really 255/40/17 on the S6+ rim is the ideal compromise. Still comfortable, but plenty of grip - just imho.

3. If you think it is good with the "J" boost valve, you won't believe it when it is chipped, S2 Central or PRJ. Also I found that when I replaced my bypass valve, I was initially disappointed with only a very slight / only just noticeable improvement, and then after a few days it suddenly started boosting harder and sooner. Car is now very nice and really does feel like what it should do when fried. The boost on the dash display is not noticeable any higher, but the performance of the engine is much better.

Not a big financial risk to replace this valve. My reasoning was as my valve was 5+ years old, a new one could only be better, and as mentioned it was, but not instantly. My recollection is that the sales brochure mentions something about ECU adaptability, but I may be wrong, but anyway worked for me. So leave it fitted for ten days of daily driving before fully deciding if there is an improvement or not.

4. As UrS6 cars are thought of as worth nothing, and are being broken just for their engine, , I would suggest you would be able to get the correct S6 seats cheap enough as they do provide more side support than an A6 seat / while still being ultra comfortable. While assuming the blue seats from Hunker7 are S6 seats, will you be able to get the matching back saloon seats, or you could dye the blue front seats to match the existing colour or go black with the original back / front blue seats.

5. Can't recall if you've fitted HID, but worth the effort and relatively minor expense.

6. Search on here for the advices about 'washing' drivers seat belt to allow it to retract as it did when new.

7. ............?

HTH above helps, looking forward to your future posts and photos in this thread. Very good photos so far btw.

Best regards.

Comment

thanks for your monster reply there!! it still strikes me as incredible that these cars have a tiny value in comparison to the likes of the s2. fair do's it's a big barge in comparison, but i think it's a much nicer looking car (ie it doesn't look like it's backside has got an anaphylaxis!) and goes like an express train! what i also love about this car is that there is tons of space for even a hot head like me to poke the spanners around in (try that on an s2!) and it's about as comfortable as any car will ever get (ie silent, smooth and very fast!).

i hope for our sake, that the few urS4 and S6 models that are out there, remain available at sensible prices. i'd hate to see any future classic audi turbo fans from being excluded from owning this kind of machine due to silly asking prices.

Comment

....also worth mentioning is all the extras that are standard on URS4/6's.
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

it's like flying first class - all the time!!

Comment

this month the tub sees new boot lid struts, tyres, front disc brakes and pads . . (and i'm sitting in for the rest of the month!! )

Comment

quattrokid arrived this morning after bringing janis' seats up on the second leg of their journey from london - i'll try and get them fitted where they belong asap.

thanks chaps!!

Comment

Like the seats Craig,now your going to realise what i have been banging on about, well last summer if you remember.Your going to like them a lot and are a really nice upgrade!
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Glad you got them OK They look in better nick then I remembered You can dye them black, will look mint.
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X