1996 Audi S6 Saloon aka The Tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
    it's like flying first class - all the time!!

Geneandbolly, if you haven't got it chipped yet and you think it is fast now, you are in for a huge shock, in good way when it is chipped.

Just saying........

Looking forward to your post(s), after you've driven it chipped.

Comment

yup, a few folk have said that to me also! i've got the usual list of things to be done but the chip is definitely going to happen sometime soon .. .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
        Glad you got them OK They look in better nick then I remembered You can dye them black, will look mint.
        you're right about them, mark - fabulous looking seats! i like the colour they are, janis - quite subtle and not the stronger blue that i'd had in my head, for some reason!

Comment

the tub got it's new gearbox oil yesterday.

my pal took great delight in showing off his man sized syringe as opposed to the 60ml effort that i turned up with for the job!

Comment

i took the ngk plugs out and the local garage re-gapped them to 0.6mm and guess what?

NO MORE MISFIRING!!!!!!!!!

thanks for that great tip, mike - the old tub goes like stink right through to 7000rpm and doesn't miss a beat!!!

Comment

He he Well done mate!!!!! Just goes to show it can be the simple things that are getting overlooked.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

i took the ngk plugs out and the local garage re-gapped them to 0.6mm
                What were they gapped at ?

And was this old gap the gap that they came with out of the box ?

Thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear the problem is fixed Might do the same on mine, just to be sure
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

if i remember rightly the ngk plugs are gapped at 0.75mm out of the box. they should be 0.6mm for the aan engine.

i can't believe that 0.15mm can make such a difference (said the nun to the bishop).

Comment

thanks for that great tip, mike - the old tub goes like stink right through to 7000rpm and doesn't miss a beat!!!

Glad to be of help Craig Good to hear the tub is running properly. Homefries chip next ?
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

got these NOS seat mounting brackets so i can get the original front seats fitted to the tub . .

they are actually the handiwork of janis (hunker7) who i reckon has got a future in surgery judging by the operation he's performed here!

top bloke.

Comment

Working...
                        X